Sarah: I had a phobia of pressure cooker due to my aunt’s pressure cooker blow out accident. She suffered from third degree burns all over her body, took her six months to a year to recover. I would always cook or bake chicken during the weekdays and wait for the weekend to come so Vaquas would be home to utlize the pressure cooker on the stove and Then came along INSTANT POT in my life; changed EVERYTHING!!! I have the freedom to cook anything I want whilst Vaquas is at work. that means everything to me.
Vaquas: I always loved Gobi (cauliflower). This recipe is one of my favorite recipes to have during winter months. I have had Gobi Gosht since I was a kid during winter months. This recipe is a result of trial and error until I perfected it. I hope you like this recipe as much as I do.
if you try our recipe don’t forget to share in comments or on instagram tag us at @bythechefs.
Instant Pot Gobi Gosht
- 1 cauliflower roughly chopped
- 1.5 lbs meat (goat)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp coriander seeds
- 3 black cardamom
- 6 green cardamom pods
- 10 whole black paper
- 1/4 tsp kalongi (nigella seeds)
- red chilli powder (as needed)
- salt (as needed)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 1 cup water
- 1 inch thinly sliced ginger
- 2 green pepper chopped finely (garnish)
- 1 tsp lemon juice (garnish)
- Cilantro (garnish)
- ghee (optional)
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil on sauté setting.
- Add in onions sauté it until golden brown.
- Add cumin seeds, black cardamoms, green cardamom pods, whole black pepper, nigella seeds, and coriander seeds then mix for a minute.
- Add in the meat along with ginger garlic paste and mix it well for 2 minutes.
- Add in red chili powder, turmeric, coriander powder, salt, yogurt, and mix well.
- Add in one cup of water and choose the meat setting for 23 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a fry pan sauté the cauliflower with 1 tbsp of olive oil. and half a cup of water and mix well for 10 minutes.
- When the 23 minutes in the instant pot are done, let the air vent. Open the pot and mix in the cauliflower.
- Once again cover the instant pot and choose the meat setting for 5 minutes. once it’s done vent the air out and mix again.
- Garnish with ginger, green peppers, cilantro, and lemon juice.
- Serve with chapatis or Naans