Sarah- This is one of my go to appetizer recipes. This recipe requires minimum ingredients and it’s ingredients you probably have in your pantry and fridge. Moreover, when ever I make it it’s always a crowd pleaser plus it’s toddler approved. This is what I gave her for lunch.
Vaquas – My wife made this a year ago for the first time. I was surprised how quickly the recipe came along. There’s a cafe in Nice, France we used to go to just to have their bruschetta. When we moved back to the states, we were missing that cafe so Sarah came up with the copycat recipe to that.
- 1 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- ciabatta baguette (cut diagonally)
- parmesan cheese
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper as needed
- Pre-heat the oven toaster for 450 Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, toss together olive oil, tomatoes, parmesan, thyme, Italian seasoning, dried basil, garlic, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Cut the baguette diagonally.
- Sprinkle some olive oil on top of the slices of baguette and toast them in the oven toaster for about 5 minutes.
- Serve the tomato mixture on top of toast.