Sarah & Vaquas- In our household, we love Madeleines. Our toddler even had Madeleines for dinner last night. Normally, She eats whatever we cook but these cookies are amazing!!! We can’t blame her. lol. Madeleines are very delicious.
Madeleines are small sponge-like cake. however, through out the years people lean more over to the cookie side, since you typically have them with tea or coffee. Madeleines are normally eaten fresh if you ask us. but you can keep it in an airtight zip log bag or an air tight container for 2-3 days. If you follow our recipe we can grantee you can have a true Madeleine with the hump. Yes! the hump is a true symbol of a real french Madeleine. The batter can be made 1 or 2 days in advance. Well, we hope you give this recipe a try. Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram if you do decide to make any of our recipes and please subscribe to our mailing list to stay updated. Lastly, there is a upcoming giveaway so stay tune on Instagram and our mailing list for that.
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp zest of lemon or orange
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essences
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tbsp powder sugar garnish
- In a bowl, add in eggs and sugar now beat it for 2 minutes.
- Add zest and vanilla essence to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Whisk in flour, baking soda, and salt and the add to the egg mixture.
- Refrigerate the batter for a hour or overnight. This is a really important step to form a hump of the madeleines.
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees.
- Spray the baking spray into a bowel and with the pastry brush lightly grease the Madeleine non-stick pan.
- Using an ice-cream scoop take out about 1 tbsp of the batter and place it on the center of the well in the Madeleine pan. don’t touch it. it will spread and form a true Madeleine shape on it’s own.
- Bake for 8 minutes only.
- Once 8 minutes are passed take it out of the oven and let it cool down for 2 to 5 minutes.
- Now take it out of the pan and sprinkle some powder sugar on top.