Sarah – I am visiting my parents right now plus we have family over. My parents have been making varieties of food each day that goes by. One of my favorite foods is my dad’s Khageena. Khageena is a breakfast dish. Khageena is the modification of a western omelette. It sure is a crowd pleaser. its is scrambled eggs with light seasoning. Most people enjoy Khageena with bread or parathas, unlike Vaquas he loves Khageena with toasted croissant but that’s quiet ok as well. we hope you give this recipe a try and don’t forget to tag us.
Sarah & Vaquas – We are down to our last recipe for 2018. We can’t believe this year is coming to an end tonight. One of our biggest accomplishments is starting this blog. We want to thank Izzah from teaforturmeric.com (please do check out her page she’s awesome) We would like to thank her from the bottom our hearts for encouraging and supporting us from the minute we started this blog.
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato finely chopped
- 1/4 bunch cilantro finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 green chili pepper finely chopped
- salt and pepper as needed
- 1 sprig scallion or green onion finely chopped for garnish (optional)
- In a bowl, add onions, tomatoes, cilantro, paprika, and green chilli, eggs, salt and pepper and mix it.
- In a medium size pot, on medium heat, pour in oil, and add the egg mixture into the pot.
- Constant stirring it until its fully cooked in 5-7 minutes, eggs should be scrambled, and fully cooked by now.
- Dish it out, have it with bread or paratha.
Have a safe and happy new years from us!
Sarah & Vaquas