Vaquas – Hi! I’m back with a new recipe for you. It’s Instant pot beef Pulao (Beef Pilaf). This beef pilaf is a mughlai punjabi dish. It’s very popular in northern India and punjab. My method is very traditional yet simple. The use of coriander and fennel seeds along with whole spices are a match made in heaven. This recipe does not include any chilli yet it’s very flavorful.
If you don’t own an Instant Pot you can easily use a pressure cooker. However, Instant Pot has made our life easier. Instant Pot is easy to operate and It keeps the original flavor alive.
This recipe is gluten-free. The best part about this dish is its unique flavor. This dish can be eaten along a garlic and red chilli chutney a perfect add along is the raita. one word of caution this chutney is spicy so if you want you can eat it with raita only. This recipe is a perfect weeknight meal or perfect meal for guests. They are going to be impressed by this recipe for sure.
If you try our recipes please tag us on Instagram @twoclovesinapot. We encourage honest feedback!
Beef Pulao (Pilaf)
- 1 lbs goat cubed
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 4 cups water
- salt as needed
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 black cardamoms
- 4 green cardamoms
- 5 cloves
- 1 inch ginger roughly chopped with
- 1/2 cup garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp yogurt
- 3 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 serrano pepper
- 1/4 tsp orange color optional
- a pinch garam masala powder
- Thoroughly wash basmati rice and soak in water for 30 mins.
- Drain rice & discard the water from the rice.
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté mode then pour water bring it to boil.
- Add in salt, ginger,garlic, along with whole spices: funnel seeds, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, black cardamon, green cardamom, cinamon, cloves, and black peppercorns.
- Bring all of this to a boil then add in the meat and mix well.
- Cover Instant Pot lid and press the meat option and put pressure for 45 minutes (every Instant Pot model is different my mom's Instant Pot does it in 10 min, so do this according to your IP model's time.) at the end just make sure the meat is fully cooked.
- In a separate pot on stove, on medium heat add oil and sauté onion for 5-7 minutes or until golden.
- Add in bay leaves, ginger garlic paste, and serrano pepper.
- Take out meat from instant pot and transfer it with onion and ginger garlic paste mixture.
- Now add in the yogurt.
- Sauté it for 5-6 minutes on medium heat until it's fully mixed together and the whiteness of the yogurt dissappears.
- Strain the stock from the IP to a large bowl.
- Add that with the meat mixture.
- Add salt to the mixture and mix well.
- Add rice with meat mixture and mix well.
- Add the garam masala powder.
- Let it all cook for 5-7 min on medium heat.
- Cover the lid on the pot with foil, cover the pot with the foil lid, and put a little pot on top cook it for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Turn the stove to low and let it cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the water dries, add color if you would like.
- Serve it with raita and serve it hot!