Sarah – This week Vaquas gave you guys the recipe of Instant Pot Beef Pilao (Beef Pilaf). In that blog post, he mentioned that the beef pilaf goes great with a raita and/or garlic red chilli chutney. I am here to tell you the perfect Raita recipe.
Raita is basically the most popular condiment or dip in south asian cooking. It consist of various ingredients such as tomatoes, cucumbers, onion along with some seasoning and spices. There isn’t a wrong way to make raita, It is based upon your preference. This recipe is adaptable, meaning you can add or subtract ingredients according to your unique taste. In our household, we make raita with every curry or rice dish, plus it’s a toddler approved dip. This recipe is my personal recipe. We hope you give this yummy recipe a try. Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram if you try any of our recipes. We value honest feedback.
- 1-1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 2 inch cucumber finely chopped (optional)
- 1 sprig scallion (green onion) finely chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper as needed
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 green pepper finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp cilantro finely chopped (optional)
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Store it in the fridge until it’s ready to eat.