This week we bring you the recipe of Almond Milk. I think this recipe of mine is unique because of the coolness. It’s a perfect summer drink. It’s refreshing, full of energy, and it’s healthy. It’s also yummy.
Almonds are extremely beneficial to our health. It increases the power of the brain intake by helping to store long term memories. I remember my mother gave me almonds as I was preparing for any exams. If you have a very stressed day it will calm your nerves. This will run a soothing energy up and down your body. Almonds are an excellent source of antioxidants. it’s great for lowering cholesterol and blood pressure. They are great source of vitamin E.
Cardamom powder can help with depression. It is very beneficial for omitting bad breath. Cardamom powder can help you with digestion problem. Saffron can help treat depression as well. It’s also an aphrodisiac. It can help decrease PMS symptoms. Saffron can reduce the appetite which leads of weight loss.
This is a very easy recipe. As always it is toddler approved. I hope you give this recipe a try. As always, if you try any of our recipes be sure to tag us on instagram @twoclovesinapot. Find us on Pinterest too @twoclovesinapot. we value honest feedback.
Almond and Saffron Milk
- 2 cups whole milk
- 5 tbsp sugar (or honey to taste)
- 25 Almond soaked and peeled
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp netmug powder
- 1 pinch saffron
- Soak all the almonds overnight.
- The next morning, peel the skin off the almonds.
- In a blender, add 20 almonds and 1/4 cup of water; make it a paste and set it aside.
- On medium heat, boil the milk then add cardamom powder, nutmeg powder, sugar, almond paste and saffron.
- Let it cook for 10 minutes and stir constantly.
- Let it cool down completely.
- Put the almond milk mixture and some ice into a blender and blend it for a minute or two.
- Garnish it with chopped leftover almonds and saffron.