Sarah– Zucchini curry is one of my favorites since college. I remember my brother and mom came up with this recipe as he was leaving for college; to my surprise he survived on Zucchini curry as well as other delicious entrees that my mom send along with him. I love this curry; I hope you love this quick meal as much as I do.
The flavors of this curry really compliment each other. Every ingredient in this recipe is necessary for its yummy taste. If you try this recipe without mint you will see a major difference in taste. This is one of the fewest recipe that does not include ginger garlic paste or crushed garlic or ginger.
It’s so easy and comes together really quickly. I use this recipe in the winters as well even though I know Zucchini is a summer fruit (not vegetable). This recipe is great to lose weight. When I am on diet, I make this curry and eat it with spoon. I hope you give this recipe a try. As always, if you try any of our recipes be sure to tag us on instagram @twoclovesinapot. Find us on Pinterest too @twoclovesinapot. We value honest feedback.
- 2 onions sliced finely
- 3 medium green Zucchini squash washed, peeled and cut into half moons
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 4 green pepper chopped
- a pinch of crushed red pepper
- 2 roma tomatoes cubed
- salt as needed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add in the onions stir them until golden.
- Add in cumin seeds , zucchini, turmeric powder, salt, green peppers, crushed red pepper, and tomatoes.
- Mix well for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat on medium low and cover it for 20 minutes
- When it’s ready mix well and sprinkle mint leaves on top.
- Serve it with Chapatti or Naan.