Sarah- Hi everyone! First of all, I would like to say sorry Vaquas and I have been MIA! We had something came up in our personal lives. We are still going through it but it’s coming together. Anyways, I’m back with a brand new recipe. It’s Fried Ravioli. Don’t you love some good old fashion italian food with an American twist?
I came up with this recipe when I tried feeding ravioli to my picky toddler, she wouldn’t eat the normal ravioli; so I decided to kick it up a notch. I boiled and baked it for 5 min, still it wasn’t good enough. I decided to get some breadcrumbs and some seasoning and fried it. Finally! It was a success . The only down part for me is whenever we have normal ravioli for dinner, I have to make fried ravioli for the toddler it takes few extra steps but she loves it so it’s worth it.
It’s a great game day appetizer too. It’s easy and quick for some munchies during the game. If you want to have a quick appetizer for the next dinner party that you host. The thing I love about this recipe, it goes with every kind of party formal or casual. You can make it even for valentines day when you want to impress your significant other as a starter.
The recipe below says use warmed marinara sauce, however, if you want to dip in ranch, pesto, or garlic sauce be my guest. There is no right or wrong dipping sauce when it comes to this recipe. I hope you give this recipe a try. If you have any questions about our recipes, techniques, or you just want to say hi! Please feel free to message us. As always, if you try any of our recipes be sure to tag us on instagram @twoclovesinapot. Find us on Pinterest too @twoclovesinapot. Please subscribe to our newsletter. We value honest feedback.
- 20 oz cheese ravioli or your choice of ravioli
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup italian style breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1/4 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- parsley garnish
- marinara sauce warmed for dipping
- First line a cooling tray with paper towel.
- Add olive oil to a frying pan. Bring it to a nice frying temprature on medium heat.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- In an another bowl, combine the onion powder, panko, and the italian style breadcrumbs.
- Next dip the ravioli well into the egg and milk mixture, then into the bread crumb mixture and repeat it 2 to 3 times.
- Fry about 4-5 raviolis at a time.
- Fry them for about 2 minutes or until the top is brown then turn over and wait until the top is goldenish brown.
- Remove from the frying pan, place the fried raviolis on the cooling racks on top of the paper towel.
- Transfer it into a serving plate then garnish with cheese and parsley.
- Serve it with marinara sauce or any sauce of your choice.