Vaquas: Hey everyone! I’m back after a long with a brand new recipe with something unique for you guys. It’s Paneer Masala Kati Roll recipe. I don’t know about Pakistan, but in India they are quite popular. I used to have it every day after school from a food cart. However, when I moved aboard I started to have the urge to have kati roll. Well, it wasn’t easily available so I decided to create this recipe to satisfy my craving of a real kati roll from Dehli.
As I mentioned in a pervious post that paneer is my first love. One shouldn’t mistaken paneer for cottage cheese. While cottage cheese is made out of heavy whipping cream, but paneer is made of pure milk. Paneer is not salted so one can be very generous with the salt when using paneer as an ingredient.
Paneer Masala Kati Rolls are basically Paneer infused with spices wrapped in a paratha. If you want a lighter version of a kati roll you can easily use homemade whole wheat chapatis. kati rolls include some chutney. I like green chutney in my kati roll, that I linked. The assembly of a kati roll is pretty easy. Once you make the mixture just spread the green chutney on the paratha or chapati, and just put the green mixture in. The paneer masala takes 2 hours to marinate but I personally love marinating it overnight.
This recipe is perfect for side at a party. I love the fact that I can bring you original street food from India to your party or your dinner table. Your guests will be impressed by this unique dish. I really hope you will try this recipe. If you have any questions about our recipes, techniques, or you just want to say hi! Please feel free to message us. As always, if you try any of our recipes be sure to tag us on instagram @twoclovesinapot. Find us on Pinterest too @twoclovesinapot. Please subscribe to our newsletter. We value honest feedback.
Paneer Masala Kati Roll
- 14 oz paneer long cuts reactangles
- 8 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 tsp anardana powder
- 1 1/2 tsp amchur powder
- 1 medium onion finely sliced
- 4 green pepper finely chopped
- 1 tsp black salt
- salt as needed
- chaat masala
- green chutney (see link above)
- In a medium size bowl, add paneer, red pepper, 2 tbsp olive oil, black salt, turmeric, amchur, and anardana, mix well and let it rest for one hour.
- On medium heat, in a medium size fry pan, add 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Pour in the onions and green peper, sauté it for about 1 minute.
- Add in the paneer mixture and 4 tbsp olive oil.
- Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chaat masala on top of your paneer mixture.
- Spread the green chutney on the paratha.
- Pour the mixture in and fold it.
- Heat tawa or frying pan on medium heat. Put your kati roll on it and heat for 30 second on both sides.
- Serve it hot!