Vaquas: Hi everyone, I am back with a brand new recipe. This is our second recipe. It is Instant Pot Gobi Gosht (Cauliflower and Meat Curry). My mom would make this dish especially in the winter time. It just gives a cozy vibe. I only make this dish only in winters.
This recipe is a result of trial and error until I perfected it. I hope you like this recipe as much as I do. I did so many experiments with this dish even today I added a tomato that is a game changer for me because not only it makes the dish look attractive but the taste of it improved a lot as well. I used an Instant Pot while making this recipe, let me tell me you it’s so quick and easy. This dish requires a lot of seeds, seasonings, and spices but at the end it taste so good that my 4 year toddler was licking her finger as she gave me a thumbs up for making this dish.
You have to try this recipe to believe it. If you never ate cauliflower this recipe will make you fall in love with it. Perfect addition to any party menu. I hope you give this recipe a try. If you have any questions about our recipes, techniques, or you just want to say hi! Please feel free to message us. As always, if you try any of our recipes be sure to tag us on instagram @twoclovesinapot. Find us on Pinterest too @twoclovesinapot. Please subscribe to our newsletter. We value honest feedback.
Instant Pot Gobi Gosht (Cauliflower & Meat Curry)
- 1 cauliflower roughly chopped
- 1.5 lbs goat meat
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 4 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp coriander seeds
- 4 black cardamoms
- 10 black peppercorns
- 6 green cardamom pods
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp kalongi nigella seeds
- red chili powder as needed
- salt as needed
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 1 green pepper roughly chopped
- 1 tomato roughly chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger thinly sliced for garnish
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice for garnish
- 1 tbsp fresh green cilantro chopped for garnish
- 1 green pepper chopped for garnish
- ghee for garnish
- Turn on the instant pot, on saute mode, add in the 2 tbsp olive oil let it get heat up.
- Add in cauliflower.
- Add in 1/4 tsp of red chili powder, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp turmeric.
- Mix it well for 5 minutes. (don't stop stirring)
- Take the cauliflower mixture out and set it aside.
- In the same Instant pot, on sauté mode. Add in the 2 tbsp olive oil and onions sauté it until golden brown.
- Add cumin seeds, black cardamoms, green cardamom pods,black peppercorns, nigella seeds, and coriander seeds then mix for a minute.
- Add in the meat along with ginger garlic paste and mix it well for 2 minutes.
- Add in red chili powder, turmeric, coriander powder, salt, yogurt, tomato and mix well.
- Add in one cup of water and choose the meat setting for 23 minutes.
- When the 23 minutes in the instant pot are done, let the air vent. Open the pot and mix in the cauliflower mixture.
- Once again cover the instant pot and choose the meat setting for 5 minutes. once it's done vent the air out and mix again.
- Garnish with ginger, green peppers, cilantro, and lemon juice. Serve with fresh chapatis or Naans.