Sarah- Hey guys, we are back! First of all, happy new years, hope you guys had a very happy holidays with your families. I’m still trying to transition back into my normal routine. So quick meals are getting me through since I returned from vacation. I decide to share a quick, yummy, and easy meal with you today. It’s fried chicken tacos. I can’t tell you enough how delicious this is.
Which oil to fry in?
It’s basically fried chicken. It’s my favorite kind of taco. I fry it in extra virgin olive oil, I know some people use canola oil or vegetable oil but to me it taste the best with olive oil and it’s much healthier than using another types of oil.
Avocados Love or hate?
The layer of avocado is a healthier option i always opt for. I learned to love avocado in my late 20s, now in my early 30s I LOVE AVOCADOS. I never use to love cheese but recently I discovered my love for cheese.
What’s the marination process?
In this recipe, I marinate the chicken tenders in ginger garlic to get rid of the smell, I marinate for 2 hours. I have also tried to do it without marination it doesn’t taste the smell, I’m left with smell in my chicken which is not something I would like to eat. Also, always fry the chicken on medium low. I can’t tell you how many times I brunt the chicken. Fried chicken tacos are the most delicious
This recipe is great for a week night meal. It comes together really quick. It’s a great side or main dish for your next party. Be sure to check out our recipes like: Garlic Knots , Garlic Butter Mushrooms, and Green Bean Casserole . I hope you give this recipe a try. If you have any questions about our recipes, techniques, or you just want to say hi! Please feel free to message us. As always, if you try any of our recipes be sure to tag us on instagram @twoclovesinapot. Find us on Pinterest too @twoclovesinapot. Please subscribe to our newsletter. We value honest feedback.
Fried Chicken Tacos
For the Chicken
- 1/2 lbs chicken tenderloins
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 2 inch ginger minced
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- olive oil extra virgin (for frying)
- salt as needed
For the Sauce
- 1/2 cup full fat yogurt
- 1/2 avocado (riped) mashed
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp taco seasoning
For the Toppings
- 1 lime
- tomatoes chopped
- fresh cilantro chopped
- jalapeños chopped
- Marinate the chicken for 2 hours with ginger and garlic and salt.
- Mix the egg and the milk make it a mixture.
- Prepare flour for breading chicken by adding 1 tbsp taco seasoning to the flour and stir it.
- Bread the chicken - Dredge in flour, then in the egg/milk mixture, then again in flour.
- In a fry pan, on medium low heat, Add in oil and heat it up.
- Place the chicken in the hot oil and fry until cooked through and golden brown about 7-10 minutes on each side.
For the Sauce
- For the sauce, yogurt, taco seasoning, Italian seasoning and avocado.
Tortillas and Assembly
- Toast the torilla slightly.
- Cut up the tomatoes and jalapeños cut up very thinly, and spread some mexican cheese for taco toppings.
- Place a thinly sliced avocado first on the tortilla.
- Place a fried chicken tender on a toasted torilla, top with sauce, the toppings, cheese, squeeze some lime, and top it up with fresh cilantro. Serve Immediately.