Sarah- Hi everyone, hope you’re doing well. Today, I am going to let you know how to make a classic Dough recipe. It is so easy and accurate down to every drop of water you add to your dough. This is the best dough recipe. I promise you when you make dough at home, you will forget about eating out.
This is the best easy accurate dough recipe. This dough recipe requires only 6 ingredients that you have it sitting in your pantry, this dough recipe requires minimum kneading by hand. If you’re not comfortable making the dough at home trust me on this one, I was the same way. I am going to ask you to refer back to this recipe multiple times, when I teach you how to make homemade breadsticks, garlic knots, pizza, and many other recipes coming in the future.
Which kind of flour and yeast should I use in this dough recipe?
Some people may argue to use all sorts of other flour like almond flour and bread flour. However, I like to stick with all purpose flour. It keeps the dough at the right amount of softness. It’s perfect. As for the yeast, you should always use instant active dry yeast. Buy it sachet of yeast. There are 2 1/4 teaspoons in there.
How long and where would the dough sit at?
Well, after greasing the bowl and the dough, place it in an airtight container and place it in the warmest place in your home for 1 1/2 – 2 hours. The dough has to sit in one place and raise. My mom always place it in her oven in order to get the dough to rise, but I place it under a table in a warm place. It’s up to you whatever works for you just get the dough to a warm place, that’s all it matters.
This dough recipe will really come in handy for some of my future recipe, I promise. As you wait for what to do with this dough recipe, you can try my other recipes like: Chicken Bread , Chicken Tigania , and Fried Ravioli . If you have any questions about our recipes, techniques, or you just want to say hi! Please feel free to message us. As always, if you try any of our recipes be sure to tag us on instagram @twoclovesinapot. Find us on Pinterest too, @twoclovesinapot. Please subscribe to our newsletter. We value honest feedback.
- 3 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 1/3 cup luke warm water
- few drop luke warm water
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 sachet instant yeast fast acting
- 1/2 cup sweet salted butter melted
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/4 bunch fresh parsley
- few leaves basil
- salt and pepper as needed
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- parmesan cheese as needed
- olive oil as needed
- In a bowl, add the yeast to the 1 1/3 cup of luke warm water and set it aside for about 4-5 minutes.
- In a standing mixer, with the dough attachment, mix together the flour, salt, sugar and olive oil.
- Stir the yeast in the water to make sure its all dissolved and add it to the flour mixture.
- Let the dough mix well on medium for 5 minutes then add few drops of luke warm water.
- When the dough is formed, Take out the dough and fold in for 2 minutes.
- Shape it into a ball then cut into 2 pieces.
- Grease the 2 airtight bowls with oil.
- Put each dough ball in each of the bowl. brush some oil on top of the dough and cover it with the lid.
- Go to warmest place in your house and place the bowls there and let it rise and check it after 2 hours.
- When you take out the dough, Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll each dough out so it's 1/8-1/4 thick from sides.
- Cut in long strips.
- Tie each one of the strips into a knot, tucking the end of the knot underneath. (It's okay if you dont get the perfect shape.)
- On a baking tray, lined with parchment paper, place the knots on it.
- Bake them for 17 minutes on the middle rack.
- While they are baking prepare the garlic mixture, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- As soon as the knots are done baking, transfer them in a large bowl just pour the garlic mixture, and mix well.
- Sprinkle some olive oil on top.
- Serve them immediately.