Sarah- Hey everyone, I’m back with a new recipe. It’s my ultimate Crunch Peshawari Ice Cream recipe. Whenever I visit karachi, I have to have Street Lassi (Yogurt Drink) and Crunch Peshawari Ice Cream every night after dinner. I’m very thankful that my friend gave me this recipe in 2016, I’m very thankful to her to give me this recipe. I don’t get to Pakistan that often, so I try to bring Pakistan street food in my house. If you’re from Pakistan, then you would know how amazing is Peshawari ice cream. Vaquas never had Peshawari Ice cream in his life, but now he is obsessed with peshwari ice cream. Homemade ice cream with crunch (melted sugar) flavor top with Rooh Afza. Such a delicious blend of ice cream that you will be wanting more.
Ingredients are not too much. You would some whole milk, heavy whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla extract. Boil the milk on high, once it boils, you turn it to medium and add sugar and cook for for 5-6 minutes on medium heat. Turn off the stove, add in heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract. Let it completely cool down to room temperate. Then freeze it for 6 to 7 hours. Take it out from the freezer then add to the blender, blend it for 2 minutes then freeze again.
Is the parchment paper or wax paper necessary?
We need parchment paper to make a wall between air and ice cream. After you’re done blending it, make sure you put the parchment paper on it before you close it.
Does it taste like exactly how we get in Pakistan, and also can I use my chest freezer to make this ice cream?
I’m so glad to tell you the answer to this question, the answer is yes! it tastes almost exactly like the one I have it in karachi. I have been craving for this ice cream for so long. Now I just wish I can make faslay. This ice cream can’t be made in a deep freezer (chest freezer or upright freezer), it has to be made in freezer that’s attach to your fridge. If you use a deep freezer your ice cream will get icy instead of creamy.
How do you make crunch for the peshwari ice cream?
To make the crunch, melt the sugar in a no stick fry pan, use a silicone spatula. Place it on a steel try that’s grease with butter, then break it into little pieces of crunch. Enjoy it with ice cream and rooh afza.
Crunch Peshawari Ice Cream is a perfect for summer although I make it in winters too because it’s too delicious. I hope you give this recipe a try. Please check out our other South Asian dessert recipes like Sooji (Semolina) Ka Halwa and Gajar Ka Halwa (Carrot Dessert) . If you have any questions about our recipes, recipe requests techniques, or you just want to say hi! Please feel free to message us. As always, if you try any of our recipes be sure to tag us on instagram @twoclovesinapot. Find us on Pinterest too, @twoclovesinapot. Please subscribe to our newsletter. We value honest feedback.
Crunch Peshawari Ice Cream
- 2 cup full fat milk
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp butter salted
- 6 tbsp sugar
- In a saucepan, on high heat, add milk.
- Bring it to boil this process can take up to 5-10 minutes.
- Turn on the heat to medium.
- Add sugar.
- Stir for 5-6 minutes.
- Add heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract.
- Turn the stove off.
- Let it rest for 40-45 minutes or until it comes to room temprature.
- Then swift it through sieve and place it in an airtight bowl and shut the lid.
- Place it in the freezer for 7 hours.
- After 7 hours, take it out of the freezer.
- Transfer the ice cream in a blender.
- Blend the ice cream for 5 minutes.
- Transfer it back in the airtight bowl and place a parchment paper on top.
- Close the lid tightly.
- Put it in the freezer for 7 hours.
- Grease a steel tray with room temprature butter and set it aside.
- Place the sugar in a non-stick fry pan on medium heat, stir continuously with a silicon spatula until it gets dissolve and take out the sugar mixture in the steel try.
- Let it sit for like 5 min.
- At this point, you can easily pick it up from the tray, crush or break them.
- Place the ice cream in a bowl topped it off with rooh afza and crunch.