Sarah– Zucchini curry is one of my favorites since college. I remember my brother and mom came up with this recipe as he was leaving for college; to my surprise he survived on Zucchini curry as well as other delicious entrees that my mom sent along with him. I love this curry; the flavors of this curry really complement each other. Every ingredient bends together to create rich flavorful taste. This zucchini curry has very minimal seasoning and spices along with a flavorful tomato-based curry.
THE INGREDIENTS TO MAKING A PERFECT ZUCCHINI CURRY
- Oil – Heat the oil.
- Onion– Golden the onion.
- Spice– Add in cumin seeds, turmeric powder, crush red pepper, and salt.
- Veggies– Add in zucchini, tomatoes, and serrano pepper.
HOW TO PREPARE ZUCCHINI CURRY?
It’s so easy and comes together really quickly. I use this recipe in the winters as well even though I know Zucchini is a summer fruit (not vegetable). Be sure to check out more recipes like this one: Lacha Paratha , Khatte Baingan (tangy eggplants) , and Bhindi Ki Sabzi (Okra Curry) . If you have any questions about our recipes, techniques, or you just want to say hi! Please feel free to message us. As always, if you try any of our recipes be sure to tag us on instagram @twoclovesinapot. Find us on Pinterest too, @twoclovesinapot. Please subscribe to our newsletter. We value honest feedback.
- 1 onions sliced finely
- 3 medium green Zucchini squash washed, peeled and cut into half moons
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 4 serrano peppers chopped
- a pinch of crushed red pepper
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- salt as needed
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- In a medium size pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add in the onions stir them until golden.
- Add in cumin seeds, turmeric powder, salt, and crushed red pepper and mix well.
- Now add in the zucchini, tomatoes, and serrano peppers.
- Mix well for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat on medium low and cover it for 20 minutes
- Open the lid, get a wooden spoon, and start smashing in the zucchini so it loses it's shape.
- Next mix well and sprinkle mint leaves on top.
- Serve it hot with Chapatti or Naan.