Sarah: I’m back with a brand new recipe. It’s Chicken Caprese Pasta. Chicken Caprese Pasta is one of those quick recipe with an elegant name that will impress everyone. It’s makes a great weeknight meal. It’s a hit at any party. It comes together really quickly. It’s delicious, plus I add some seasonings that makes it go from being good to excellent. Every time I eat this pasta, I want it more. It’s never enough no matter how much I made.
Why I love Chicken Caprese Pasta?
It comes together really quickly. The flavors compliment each other. The chicken is juicy and tender. That balsamic vinegar gives it the right kick. It’s like summer in a bowl or plate, with only few ingredients it satisfies my whole family with all fresh ingredients.
How to cook the chicken, and can chicken be made before?
Imagine you get home from work or school. Your chicken is already to go so just you just need to throw the ingredient in the skillet and viola there you have it a flavorful, juicy, and delicious meal on the table. I personally like to prep my chicken ahead of time because I bake my chicken. Preheat the oven 350 degrees, once it’s heated temperature. Bake the chicken for 25 minutes, and that’s it.
Chicken Caprese Pasta is our family favorite. Whenever I make this, I know my little girl will be happy and she will finish her dinner willingly. If you want more delicious recipe be sure to check out recipes like: Sarah’s Creamy Pasta , Spicy Chicken Sandwich , and Buffalo Chicken Pizza . If you have any questions about our recipes, techniques, or you just want to say hi! Please feel free to message us. As always, if you try any of our recipes be sure to tag us on instagram @twoclovesinapot. Find us on Pinterest too, @twoclovesinapot. Please subscribe to our newsletter. We value honest feedback.
Chicken Caprese Pasta
- 2 fillet chicken thigh or breast in the bite size pieces.
- 1 tsp black pepper
- salt as needed
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 lbs fettuccini (227 grams)
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes cut in halves
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 12 mozzarella small balls
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- salt as needed
- 2 sprig fresh rosemary roughly chopped
- 3 sprig fresh dill roughly chopped
- 4 big leaves fresh basil roughly chopped
- 2 sprig thyme roughly chopped
Chicken prep and baked
- In a ziploc bag, marninate the chicken in lemon juice, salt, pepper, italian seasoing, and fresh lemon juice.
- Set it aside for 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven to 350 degrees
- Spray the oven safe pan with baking spray.
- Place the chicken in the pan.
- Bake it for for 25 minutes
- once it's baked then you will see excess water floating in the chicken.
- drain the water out.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until very al dente. Drain the water, set it aside, sprinkle some oil on top so it won't stick together.
- Add olive oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Once heated add garlic sauté it for 30 seconds.
- Add the cherry tomatoes saute it for 30 seconds keep stirring.
- Add 1/2 cup chicken stock sauté it for about 2-3 minutes.
- add red pepper flakes and italian seasoning. Sauté it for about 1 minute.
- add the chicken and balsamic vinegar, sauté it for about 2 minutes
- Add 1/4 chicken stock.
- Add the herbs, mix it all together.
- Add the fettuccini to the skillet and mix it all together.
- Add small balls of mozzarella. mix it together.
- Let it cook until the cheese is melted, this will take 30 second to one minute.
- Adjust your salt.
- Add some fresh basil on top.
- Add 1/4 chicken stock around in the skillet.
- Serve it hot! Enjoy.