Sarah- I’m back with a brand new recipe. It’s my Cinnamon Roll recipe. It’s not a quick recipe but it’s worth every minute every second that you spend on the recipe. This is the world’s best Cinnamon Rolls. These are the most softest, featherlight, airy and fluffy cinnamon rolls ever. They will blow your mind. How fluffy these are. I can’t say enough good things about these cinnamon rolls, except if you make them once you will be tempted to make them again and again. My daughter loves them, I give her for breakfast. However, she eats them for lunch, snack, and dinner too; so these won’t last more than 2 days. I wouldn’t recommend anybody who wants to lose weight consume these rolls. I don’t think they can help you achieve your weight loss goals. Nevertheless, this will make you scream “OH MY GODDDDD!!!”
Which Ingredients do you need for the dough?
Before I tell you about the recipe, let’s go over the ingredients to make the world’s best cinnamon rolls.
- Milk: You need whole milk, not 2%, 1%, or skim milk. There should be no diet ingredients in this recipe.
- Butter: We would need butter for this recipe. We need melted butter for the dough. Plus we need soften butter at room temperature for the filling that it’s melted.
- Flour: Just traditional all-purpose flour. (I have not tested this recipe with other types of flour.)
- Sugars: We will use granulated (white) sugar in both the dough and filling, as well as some brown sugar in the filling. Lastly, we need powder sugar for the glaze.
- Salt: Just a touch, to enhance the flavor of your dough.
- Egg: One egg, for the dough and this will help you bring an unique taste to your dough.
- Vanilla Extract: If you know my baking recipes, you will know how much I love to include vanilla extract in every baking dessert.
- Cinnamon powder: Because it’s cinnamon rolls recipe and because why not???
- Yeast: I always used an active dry yeast packet, that’s roughly 2 1/2 tsp of yeast that you’d be using if you have the dry yeast jar. Lastly, make sure it’s not expired.
3 Tips for making world’s best Cinnamon Rolls
- Butter- Make sure when you melt the butter for the you are doing it in 15 seconds intervals. When you come to that filling step make sure your butter is at room temperature and spread it evenly.
- Dough- Make sure you put the dough in warm spot. I usually put it inside of my oven. Even when the recipe calls for raising again step, then too I stick it in oven. It comes out perfectly raised.
- Glaze- add the glaze when the rolls are still warm but not hot. If the rolls are too hot when you add the glaze, it will melt. If they’re too cold, it won’t spread and ooze over them. Set a timer for 10 min after taking it out of the oven it will be a perfect temperature.
- This is a perfect recipe for any occasion. I hope you give this recipe a try. I hope you find it delicious and love it as much as I do. We have a lot baking recipes on our blog like Banana Chocolate Chip Bread , Madeleines , and Blueberry and Lemon Bundt Cake . If you have any questions about our recipes, techniques, recipe request, or you just want to say hi! Please feel free to message us. As always, if you try any of our recipes be sure to tag us on instagram @twoclovesinapot. Find us on Pinterest too, @twoclovesinapot. Please subscribe to our newsletter. We value honest feedback.
- 1 packet active dry yeast (That's 2 1/2 tsp if you using from the jar)
- 1/4 cup luke warm water
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup whole milk warmed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- water few drop if the dough is little dry.
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 cup sweet salted butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sweet salted butter melted, to brush over the rolls before baking them
- cinnamon powder add on top after glaze it.
- vegetable oil to oil the bowl
- 1/3 sweet salted butter soften at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
Glaze and Assembly
- 1/3 cup cream cheese soften at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cup powder sugar
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp whole milk warmed
- In a small bowl, combine warm water and the sugar now mix.
- Sprinkle the yeast over the top and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
Dough and Filling
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a dough hook, mix the egg, milk, salt, 1 tsp cinnamon powder, sugar and melted butter. Mix on medium speed.
- Add 2 cups of the flour, vanilla and yeast mixture, mix until its all it's mixed well.
- Now add one more cup of flour then turn the speed up to medium for 1 minutes.
- Now add one last cup of flour then turn the speed up to medium for 5-8 minutes.
- If its too dry then now add few drops of warm water.
- your dough should be sticky.
- Oil a large bowl with some vegetable oil and set aside.
- Take the dough out of the mixer and pull it together with your hands to form a ball.
- Place it in the oiled bowl and oil the top of the dough with a little vegetable oil. Cover with plastic wrap or approiate lid for the bowl and place it in a warm spot to rise for about 2 hours.
- After two hours, in a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, sugar, and cinnamon for the filling, set aside.
- Now the dough should be doubled in size, punch the dough down and roll it out onto a floured surface into a 15x9” rectangle.
- Spread the soft butter over the top and sprinkle evenly over the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Starting from one of the long ends, tightly roll the dough into a jelly roll form.
- Cut into 14 to 16 slices (make sure they are even) and place them cut side down in a well buttered 9x13 baking pan.
- Cover with saran wrap and let put them back into a warm spot to rise for another 2 hours.
- After its risen, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush them with some melted butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, and sugar and bake them for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Now Cool the cinnamon rolls now for 10 minutese and within those ten minutes let's work on the glaze.
- Mix all the ingredients of the glaze in a bowl except for the milk and heavy whipping cream, once the cream cheese is all mixed, slowly add the milk and heavy whipping cream until you get a runny glaze consistency.
- Immediately pour the glaze over the cinnamon rolls spread the glaze evenly with a spatula and sprinkle cinnamon powder.
- Enjoy and leave me a review if you try my recipe.