Sarah- This week I’m back with a new recipe It’s my Pumpkin Bread recipe. This recipe is easy, comes together in no time, and it’s delicious. It’s perfect for fall baking. This recipe basically mixing the dry and the wet ingredients and mix them together in a delicious batter. I make it every time I host Thanksgiving dinner. On my thanksgiving table there are few kinds of breads, including this pumpkin bread and I also make Banana Chocolate Chip Bread . This Pumpkin Bread is moist and flavorful. It’s a family favorite. Pumpkin Bread with all its glory that screams fall. It’s a perfect recipe.
Ingredients of the pumpkin bread
Butter- I honestly used to add oil then I quit. It made it very mushy from inside and hard and crumbly from the top. However, mixing with butter is seriously a game changer. It makes it more bread like texture.
Pumpkin Puree- Pumpkin Puree is a must in this bread and it’s very flavorful.
Spices – This recipe is full of pumpkin spice! Equal amounts of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and clove give lots of flavor and is just perfect. I tried varying amounts of each of them and this was by far the best.
Storing the pumpkin bread
You can wrap your bread tightly in Sarah wrap and store it on the counter at room temperature. It can be good for 4-5 days.
You can definitely freeze pumpkin bread! Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, then foil, and pop it in a ziplock bag. I usually recommend thawing it in the fridge, but I’ve also frozen it in slices before and popped a frozen slice in the microwave for about 20 seconds and had nice, warm bread. Yum!
Speaking of slices, you can also freeze it in slices. If you think you’ll want to thaw a few slices at a time, group them that way. If you think you’ll only need one slice at a time, freeze it that way. I wrap each slice individually in plastic wrap (or in groups of two or three), then put them all in the same foil wrap and ziplock bag.
- This is a perfect recipe for fall baking. I hope you give this recipe a try. I hope you find it delicious and love it as much as I do. We have a lot baking recipes on our blog like Banana Chocolate Chip Bread , Madeleines , and Cinnamon Rolls. If you have any questions about our recipes, techniques, recipe request, or you just want to say hi! Please feel free to message us. As always, if you try any of our recipes be sure to tag us on instagram @twoclovesinapot. Find us on Pinterest too, @twoclovesinapot. Please subscribe to our newsletter. We value honest feedback.
Notes – I highly recommend this pan that I am using in my picture: Please Click here.
- 1-1/2 cup All Purpose flour
- 1 cup Pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1-1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp Netmug powder
- 1/2 tsp Clove powder
- 1/4 tsp Ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Non-stick baking spray to spray your pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray the your bread loaf pan with baking spray
- Now in a bowl, combine all purpose flour, salt, baking soda, ginger powder, baking powder, netmug, pumpkin pie spice powder, and clove powder. Set aside
- Now in another bowl combine Sugar, pumpkin puree, vanilla, eggs, and melted butter.
- Now Add the dry ingredients to the Wet mixture.
- Bake for 55 minutes.