Vaquas- I’m back and I’m releasing Mash Ki Daal (Dhaba Style) recipe. Mash ki Daal (dhaba style) is not cooked frequently as other daals at our place. I see Mash ki Daal as delicate yet very royal. I love Mash ki Daal. This daal is wonderful and creamy. Mash ki Daal reminds me memories of Pakistan. This Daal is packed with flavor. It’s so easy to make it. Although this daal will take one hour to soak properly.
WHAT IS MASH KI DAAL?
Mash ki Daal is split urad daal is offwhite colored lentil. Mash ki Daal is really creamy yet royal in taste. It’s really good. I urge you to try it. This daal is filled with flavor.
HOW DO YOU MAKE MASH KI DAAL?
In the IP, press sauté mode, add 1 cup water and lentils bring it boil. Add ginger garlic paste, salt, and red chili powder. Seal then close to lid and lastly put pressure on for 3 minutes. Let it vent and keep it aside. In a skillet, on medium heat, add oil. Add cumin seeds, black peppercorns, green cardamom, and cloves. Let it sizzle for 1 minutes. Then add the cut dried long red pepper and mix it. Now Add onion and sauté it for 1 minute. Next add minced ginger and sauté it. Add Serrano pepper and mix well. Add tomato and mix well. Then take out the daal from the IP with leaving all the water inside the IP. (Make sure you water doesnt come in the skillet.) Add coriander powder and adjust the salt according to your taste. Squeeze in lemon juice. Garnish with ginger and cilantro.
TIPS OF MAKING PERFECT MASH KI DAAL!
- 1. NEVER increase the time on the IP.
- 2. Do not make the whole recipe in the IP.
- 3. Don’t forget to soak the daal first for 60 minutes.
Mash ki Daal is very delicious, I urge you to try this recipe. We have other recipes like this: Instant Pot Moong and Masoor Daal (lentils) , Instant Pot Black Daal (Lentil) , and Zucchini Curry . If you have any questions about our recipes, techniques, recipe request, or you just want to say hi! Please feel free to message us and As always, if you try any of our recipes be sure to tag us on instagram @twoclovesinapot. Find us on Pinterest too, @twoclovesinapot. Please subscribe to our newsletter. We value honest feedback.
Mash Ki Daal (Dhaba Style)
- 1 cup Mash Daal Urad white lentil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 6 black peppercorns
- 3 cloves
- 2 dried long red pepper cut into little pieces
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced
- 2 tsp ginger minced
- 1 serrano pepper chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- ginger julienne
- Wash the daal soak in water for 60 minutes, drain the water before going to the next step
- In the IP, press saute mode, add 1 cup water and lentils bring it boil.
- Add ginger garlic paste, salt, and red chili powder.
- seal then close to lid and lastly put pressure on for 3 minutes.
- Let it vent and keep it aside.
- In a skillet, on medium heat, add oil and then let it heat up.
- Add cumin seeds, black peppercorns, green cardamom, and cloves.
- Let it sizzle for 1 minutes while sautéing them.
- Then add the cut dried long red pepper and mix it.
- Add onion and sauté it for 1 minute.
- Add minced ginger and sauté it
- Add serrano pepper and mix well.
- Add tomato and mix well.
- Then take out the daal from the IP with leaving all the water inside the IP. (Make sure you water doesnt come in the skillet.)
- Add coriander powder and adjust the salt according to your taste.
- Mix it up, cover the lid and turn the heat on low.
- squeeze in lemon juice.
- Garnish with ginger and cilantro.