Sarah – I am visiting my parents right now plus we have family over. My parents have been making varieties of food each day that goes by. One of my favorite foods is my dad’s Khageena. Khageena is a breakfast dish. Khageena is a Pakistani version of scrambled eggs. It sure is a crowd pleaser. it’s scrambled eggs with light seasonings and veggies topped with cilantro and green onions. Most people enjoy Khageena with bread or parathas, unlike Vaquas he loves Khageena with toasted croissant but that’s ok as well.
WHAT IS KHAGEENA?
Khageena is a popular breakfast dish in Pakistan. This is a Pakistani style scrambled eggs recipe made with onion, tomato, Serrano pepper, and spices. It goes well with paratha, bread, or even a croissant. It’s Pakistan version of the scrambled eggs so you know it’s filled with flavor.
HOW TO MAKE KHAGEENA?
CAN YOU ADD VEGGIES TO IT?
OMG! Yes, you can every much so. May I suggest adding some mushrooms, bell pepper, spinach and cherry tomatoes. I can imagine that would taste so good and loaded with vitamins.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN OMELETTE AND SCRAMBLED EGG?
Omelette is folded in one piece and not stirred very often while cooking. Scrambled eggs get pushed around in the frying pan so you can get little chunks of eggs as the end result.
This recipe is very delicious. I really hope you try this recipe. I urge you to try this recipe. We have other recipes like these: French Toasts , Cinnamon Rolls , and Sarah’s Pink Smoothie . If you have any questions about our recipes, techniques, recipe request, or you just want to say hi! Please feel free to message us and As always, if you try any of our recipes be sure to tag us on instagram @twoclovesinapot. Find us on Pinterest too, @twoclovesinapot. Please subscribe to our newsletter. We value honest feedback.
If you want a recommendation for the best fry pans. I would recommend: Click Here
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato finely chopped
- 4 sprig green onion finely chopped
- 1/4 bunch cilantro finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp kashmiri red pepper powder (you subtitute add red chili powder or red chili flakes, also if you want it alittle spicy use 1/2 tsp)
- 1 serrano pepper finely chopped
- salt and pepper as needed
- 1 tbsp cilantro finely chopped for garnish
- 1 sprig green onion finely chopped for garnish
- Break the eggs in a bowl and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add onion, 4 sprig of green onions, tomatoes, cilantro, kashmiri red chili powder, and sarrano peppers, salt and pepper and mix it.
- In a medium size fry pan, on medium heat, pour in oil, heat it up.
- Add the veggies mixture and saute them until they are tender.
- Add the eggs now.
- Constant stirring it until its fully cooked in 7-8 minutes while doing this break the egg chunks into little bite size pieces.
- Eggs should be scrambled, and fully cooked by now.
- Sprinkle some cilantro at top along with some green onion.
- Dish it out, have it with bread or paratha.