Vaquas- Hey I'm back after a long break. We are so close to eid instead of giving away a meat recipe. I decided to break the stereotype and give you a vegetarian recipe. It's my Achari Aloo. It's one of quickest recipes and perfect for a quick weeknight meal. Achari Aloo is a unique recipe, which consists of potatoes wrapped in tangy seasonings to give your tastebuds the ride of their life from eating these potatoes.
WHAT IS ACHARI ALOO?
Achari Aloo is a tangy potato curry. It's extremely flavorful and packed with the most delicious whole and powder spices. It's truly one of my favorite recipes on the blog.
HOW DO YOU MAKE ACHARI ALOO?
- Heat the oil on medium heat.
- Add in cumin seeds, nigella seeds, coriander seeds, funnel seeds, cloves, and green cardamoms.
- Next add potatoes
- Add in ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, crushed red pepper, coriander powder, amchur powder, garam masala, fresh lemon juice, and turmeric.
- Cover the pot, and leave it for 20-25 min on medium to low heat be sure to check occasionally if the water dries too quickly then add few tablespoons of water and mix well.
- Garnish with cilantro and Serrano pepper.
Achari aloo is so easy and it comes together really quickly. Pair this dish up with fresh chapatis. I can't tell you how delicious this is. It's simply out of this world. Be sure to check out more Eid recipes like this one:Kofta curry (meatball curry) , Mutton Pulao , and Chicken Malai Tikka . If you have any questions about our recipes, techniques, or you just want to say hi! Please feel free to message us. As always, if you try any of our recipes be sure to tag us on instagram @twoclovesinapot. Find us on Pinterest too, @twoclovesinapot. Please subscribe to our newsletter. We value honest feedback.
Achari Aloo (Potatoes Curry)
- ⅓ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 4 potatoes cut in full moon thinly
- salt as needed
- 1½ cup water
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- cilantro for garnish
- serrano pepper for garnish
- In a medium size pot, on medium heat, heat the oil.
- Add the potatoes and mix well for 2 minutes.
- Add in ginger garlic paste, crushed red pepper, homemade achari masala, fresh lemon juice,and mix well for 1 minutes.
- Add water and mix well for 30 seconds.
- Cover the pot, and leave it for 20-25 min on medium to low heat be sure to check occasionally if the water dries too quickly then add few tbsp of more water and mix well.
- Garnish with cilantro and serrano pepper.
- Serve with fresh chapati.
Seemi ali says
Amazing delicious recipes I made aloo katli with sara recipe they came out great
Sarah Mirza says
thank you so much <3