Vaquas - Hi everyone, we are back on our schedule after a month break. I'm back with a brand new recipe. It's my Authentic Dum Ka Keema (Smoked ground beef) which is Smoked ground beef infused with herbs and spices. It's so delicious, you have to try to believe it. I started making this recipe while I was living in Paris alone, so this goes back to my university days. I really hope you enjoy this recipe.
WHAT IS DUM KA KEEMA (SMOKED GROUND BEEF)?
Dum ka Keema is smoked ground beef which is infused in homemade masala and spices. It's given its smoked from a hot coal along with garnishing with fried onion, cilantro, and lemon juice. This recipe is extremely mouthwatering. Dum Ka Keema recipe will be your go-to ground beef recipe.
HOW TO MAKE IT SMOKED?
HOW TO MAKE THE MASALA FOR DUM KA KEEMA?
In a coffee grinder, add cinnamon, coriander, black cardamom cumin, green cardamom pods, cloves, black peppercorns, and dried long red pepper. Grind them until they are powder form. Set it aside.
HOW TO COOK THE DUM KA KEEMA?
In a medium size pot or a skillet, on medium heat, add oil, and heat it up.
Now add onion and sauté the onion until its golden.
Take out 70% of the golden onion.
Now add ginger garlic paste in the skillet or pot that has the 30% golden onion in it.
Sauté that for 30 seconds.
Next add the ground beef.
Now break the ground beef with a wooden spoon until it breaks into little pieces. (Make sure there arent any big chunks.)
Keep sautéing it until the ground beef is brown color.
Now add in the masala that you made earlier along with red chili powder, salt, tumeric powder, and mix well for 1 minute.
Next add the yogurt and tomato and mix well for 5 minutes.
Let it cook for 15-20 minutes until fully done.
TWO CLOVES IN A POT TIPS FOR MAKING THE PERFECT DUM KA KEEMA
- Wooden Spoon- Always use a wooden when making this dum ka keema. It will make the breaking of the ground beef so much easier.
- Cinnamon Stick- Break the cinnamon stick before putting it in the coffee grinder.
- Smoke Step- Do NOT skip the smoke step.
- One coal Rule - Only use one coal if you use two coals that will give you too much smokey flavor.
- Oil- Make sure you put enough oil in this recipe.
CAN I ADD VEGGIES TOO?
I sometime would add veggies to this because that's the only way our daughter eats veggies. I sometime add bell pepper, peas, potatoes, or carrots. I generally put it in after I add the tomato and mix well before I add the veggies in.
This Dum Ka Keema (Smoked Ground Beef) is flavorful and leave you wanting more. For more recipes like this please checkout the following links: Authentic Mutton Karahi (Karahi Gosht) , Dhaba Chicken Karahi , and Achari Keema .If you have any questions about our recipes, techniques, or you just want to say hi! Please feel free to message us. As always, if you try any of our recipes be sure to tag us on instagram @twoclovesinapot. Find us on Pinterest too, @twoclovesinapot. Please subscribe to our newsletter. We value honest feedback.
Check this out: best instant pot meals .
Dum Ka Keema (Smoked Ground beef)
Masala For Dum Ka Keema
- ½ cinnamon stick break into 3-4 pieces before grinding them
- 2 black cardamoms
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 4 whole cloves
- 10 black peppercorns
- 1 dried long red pepper
Dum Ka Keema
- ⅛ bunch cilantro finely chopped
- fried onion that you made earlier
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 bbq coal
- 3-5 drops oil
- In a fry pan add cinnamon, coriander, black cardamom cumin, green cardamom pods, cloves, black peppercorns, and dried long red pepper dry roast them.
- Then grind them in the coffee grinder.
- Grind them until they are powder form.
- Set it aside.
Dum Ka Keema
- In a medium size pot, on medium heat, add oil, and heat it up.
- Now add onion and sauté the onion until its golden.
- Take out 50% of the golden onion.
- Set the 50% of the golden onion that you just took out aside.
- Now add ginger garlic paste in the pot that has the 50% golden onion in it.
- Sauté that for 30 seconds.
- Next add the ground beef.
- Now break the ground beef with a wooden spoon until it breaks into little pieces. (Make sure there arent any big chunks.)
- Keep sautéing it until the ground beef is brown color.
- Now add in the masala that you made earlier along with red chili powder, salt, garam masala, tumeric powder, and mix well for 1 minute.
- Next add the yogurt and tomato and mix well for 5 minutes.
- Let it cook for 5-7 minutes until fully done.
- Now follow the smoke steps below.
Smoke the Keema and Garnish
- Turn on the stove.
- On high to medium heat, place the coal on the stove.
- Make sure you use a steel tong to move the coal and you lid the coal properly this process can take up to 5-7 minutes.
- Once it heats up properly then place the coal in a little steel bowl with using a pair of tongs.
- Place that steel bowl on top of the ground beef in your pot.
- Now pour few drops of oil as soon as it releases smoke you are going to cover the lid of your pot.
- Let the smoke do its magic for 10 minutes.
- Then uncover the lid and take out the steel bowl with the coal.
- Next garnish with fresh lemon juice, cilantro, and golden onion (that 50% that we set aside earlier).
- Serve it Immediately with Chapati or Naan.