Sarah- If you are South Asian you probably heard of chicken 65 but I'm here to give you somewhat a healthy version so here I present to you with Baked Chicken 65. I always had it in restaurants but for the past 2 year I have been trying to make at home after so many trials and error I present to you with a healthy option when it comes to consuming chicken 65.
The lemon juice in marination adds a subtle tangy taste to add to the dish. I sometime use 1 tbsp of vinegar and 1 tbsp lemon juice. In this recipe, please make sure you are not subtituting store bought lemon juice. The taste will change believe me I have made this mistake in the past. I am also using chilli garlic sauce, this gives the baked chicken 65 it's flavor but I am using Swad brand but if you can find a Mitchell it tastes so much better. Sadly, I am unable to find the Mitchell brand in Memphis. I have substitute wheat flour instead of rice flour in the past but the outcome wasn't good, so I highly recommend the use of rice flour as the recipe says. I know chicken 65 is dry but I like having some curry because then my toddler will refused to eat it thus, I came up with this unique recipe.
This recipes is one of our favorites. As always it is toddler approved. I sometime make chicken 65 and eat it with salad on the side if I'm trying to lose weight. Vaquas really likes it with some onions on the side. This recipe is preferably I hope you give this recipe a try. As always, if you try any of our recipes be sure to tag us on instagram @twoclovesinapot. Find us on Pinterest too @twoclovesinapot. we value honest feedback.
Baked Chicken 65
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 10 fresh curry leaves
- ½ tbsp ginger chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic chopped finely
- ¼ cup chilli garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ¾ cups yogurt
- 1 green pepper finely chopped
- ⅛ tsp red food coloring
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp baking spray
- salt as needed
Marnation and Baking
- In an air tight mixing bowl, add chicken, ginger garlic paste, crushed red peppers, corn flour, coriander seeds, coriander powder, salt, rice flour, lemon juice or vinegar. cover and put it in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven for 450 degrees.
- Spray lightly a 9 by 13 baking pan with non-stick baking spray, Place the marinated chicken in the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan on medium heat, add in oil let it warm up.
- Add in curry leaves, chopped ginger, cloves of garlic, sauté for 1 minute.
- Add in chilli garlic sauce, tomato paste, salt, paprika, and cumin seeds now mix it well.
- Now add in the yogurt and mix well.
- Now add your baked chicken in the saucepan.
- Add in green pepper, salt, and red food color and mix well.
- Mix in the garam masala and juice from a real lemon.
- Serve it with chapati or naan.