Vaquas- Hi! I'm back with a new recipe. This time is Chana Pulao (Chickpea Pilaf). It's flavorful, easy, quick, and delicious. You just have to have 20 minutes. Perfect for a weeknight meal. I can't tell you how many time my wife, Sarah, said "I'm too tried to cook." I whip up Chana Pulao for her. She can't resist this Pilaf.
You just need few ingredients and you are set. Let the magic of whole spices and onions do the work for you. It's gluten free. It's a perfect meal for any day. It works great as a dish to present it to your guest. Chana Pulao is a perfect dish that defines simplicity and flavor. The aroma will make anybody crazy for more. You just add the ingredients and see the magic of this dish.
Chana Pulao goes great with Raita (Total Time: 5 minutes) (yogurt dip). It's simple and flavorful, and keeps you wanting more.I hope you give this recipe a try. If you have any questions about our recipes, techniques, or you just want to say hi! Please feel free to message us. As always, if you try any of our recipes be sure to tag us on instagram @twoclovesinapot. Find us on Pinterest too @twoclovesinapot. Please subscribe to our newsletter. We value honest feedback.
Chana Pulao (Chickpea Pilaf)
- In a medium size pot, on medium heat, add in oil, and heat it.
- Add in the onion saute it until reddish.
- Add in ginger garlic paste, salt, cumin, the whole spices, bay leaf, and mix it.
- Add in the can of chickpeas and mix it.
- Add the rice and give it a mix.
- Add in the water and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Then cover the pot and let it cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Turn to low heat and let it cook for 4 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve it hot.