Pakistani Ground Beef (Keema) harmoniously blends simplicity with expeditiousness - quick, simple, and tasty. Each bite is laden with flavor. Be it your weeknight munchies or regimented meal prep, Keema will not disappoint.
WHAT IS KEEMA?
Pakistani Ground Beef (Keema) is minced meat/beef tenderly wrapped in powdered and whole spices. It's cooked in a tomato and yogurt based curry. The dish finds its roots in Northern India, and it has vociferously spread throughout Pakistan, becoming a staple dish of ours. Now, it’s quintessential Pakistani comfort food such as Moong and Masoor Dal, Mutton Charsi Karahi, and Chicken Biryani.
WHY MAKE THIS RECIPE?
- It's easy and quick.
- Great comfort food.
WHY KEEMA IS SO VERSATILE?
Keema is versatile because the dish is fitting for a plethora of settings. This keema will splendidly complement spaghetti, and some people consume it with rice and Moong and Masoor Dal. Any vegetable can be mixed with it such as: potatoes, peas, cauliflower, and others.
- Ground beef- For the best result in terms of flavor for this recipe I suggest using 20% fat ground beef.
- Onion- Although this recipe calls for freshly sliced onion, the store-bought onion can easily be substituted.
- Whole and powdered spices- They unleashes the flavor in the Keema.
- Tomatoes- Fresh tomatoes is highly encouraged for the flavor of this recipe.
HOW TO MAKE KEEMA?
HOW TO STORE KEEMA?
Keema is great for eating it fresh, being refrigerated, or frozen. It's good for a week in the refrigerator and 2-3 months in the freezer.
WHAT TO PAIR KEEMA WITH?
Let's Make Keema!!!
Pakistani Ground Beef (Keema)
- 1 cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 4 black peppercorns
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 tsp red pepper powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅙ tsp garam masala powder
- ginger julianne
- fresh cilantro
- In a medium size pot, on medium heat, add olive oil, let it heat up.
- Add onion and sauté until tranlscent.
- Next add the whole spices and mix.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and mix.
- Add the ground beef, sauté it well until it changes color.
- Now add yogurt and mix.
- Next add tomato and mix.
- Add tomato paste and mix well.
- Now add green pepper and mix well.
- Add salt and powdered spices and mix.
- Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Now place the lid, and turn the stove to medium low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Uncover the lid.
- Garnish with Garam Masala Powder, ginger, and fresh cilantro.