Stovetop Pakistani Palak Keema, a popular dish in Pakistani cuisine, is a familiar culinary delight. This flavorful preparation combines ground beef infused with a variety of seasonings and incorporates the wholesome goodness of spinach.
WHAT IS PALAK KEEMA?
Stovetop Pakistani Palak Keema ranks among the most beloved Pakistani dinner recipes, with roots originating in North India and Pakistan. This delectable recipe showcases seasoned ground beef wrapped within a nutritious layer of spinach. It boasts a mild spice profile and offers a delightful, delicious taste. Moreover, its ease of preparation makes it an excellent choice for a quick weeknight meal, while also doubling as an impressive side option for any special occasion or gathering.
WHAT KIND OF MEAT TO USE FOR PALAK KEEMA?
While this particular Palak Keema recipe specifies ground beef, it's worth noting that ground chicken, lamb, or turkey can also serve as excellent alternatives. The dish's flavors and essence can be equally delightful with these variations.
- Ground beef- Ensure that when incorporating the ground beef, you meticulously break it down into small pieces, avoiding any chunky portions in the mixture. A finer texture is key to achieving the desired consistency in the dish.
- Spinach- It is crucial to opt for fresh spinach instead of the frozen variety to ensure the best results in this recipe.
HOW TO MAKE PALAK KEEMA?
Fry with onion in oil.
Add whole spices.
Next ginger garlic paste.
Add a tomato and green pepper.
Next add powdered spices and salt.
Add ground beef.
Now add yogurt.
Place the lid on the pot and let it cook.
It should look like this.
Add the garnish and done.
HOW TO STORE IT?
Palak Keema can be stored both in the refrigerator and freezer with excellent results. When refrigerated, it will remain fresh for 3-4 days, but if frozen, it can last up to 2-3 months. This recipe is suitable for both refrigeration and freezing, allowing you to enjoy its flavors even after thawing overnight and warming it up on the stovetop, resulting in a freshly made taste.
Let's make Keema Palak!!!
Stovetop Pakistani Palak Keema
- 3 green cardamoms
- 2 black cardamoms
- small piece cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 5 black peppercorns
- 3 cloves
- 2 long dried red pepper
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala powder
- 1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves sukhi kasoori methi
- In a medium size pot, on medium heat, add oil to the pot, and let it heat up.
- Add onion and sauté it until it's brown.
- Next add whole spice and mix well.
- Add ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Next add tomato and green peppers and mix well.
- Add ground beef, make sure the ground beef is in little pieces and you're not left with big chunks of ground beef in the pot.
- Let it cook until all the ground beef is brown or half cooked.
- Add yogurt and mix well.
- Now add the fresh spinach and mix well.
- Let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Cover the pot with the lid.
- Turn the stove to medium-low and let it cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh lemon juice, Garam Masala powder, and dried fenugreek leaves.
- Enjoy with fresh chapatis.