Tender Pakistani Beef Karahi is a true treasure in Pakistani cuisine. This recipe takes it up a notch by replacing store-bought masala with a Homemade Karahi Masala, resulting in a dish that is not only flavorful but also healthier. What's more, it's easy to prepare, making it perfect for a quick and delicious weeknight meal.
WHAT IS BEEF KARAHI?
Tender Pakistani Beef Karahi is a delectable Pakistani and North Indian beef recipe that features tender pieces of beef cooked in a flavorful tomato-based curry. This recipe uses a Homemade Karahi Masala free from preservatives, and is garnished with refreshing cilantro and zesty ginger. It's traditionally served with hot, fresh chapati or naan for a satisfying meal. Check out other Pakistani Dinner recipes like: Sindhi Chicken Biryani, Mutton Do Pyaza, and Shimla Mirch Keema.
WHICH CUT OF BEEF IS BEST FOR BEEF KARAHI?
The best beef for Beef Karahi is boneless. It's flavorful and tender.
CAN I MAKE BEEF KARAHI WITH CHICKEN?
Yes, of course Beef Karahi can be made with chicken with is recipe or the Pakistani-Style Chicken Karahi recipe.
HOW SPICY IS THE BEEF KARAHI?
A typical Karahi recipe is known for its mild spiciness, but if desired, the amount of red chili powder can be increased for a spicier taste.
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED!
- Tomatoes- The fundamental component in any Karahi dish are tomatoes. Place whole tomatoes in Instant Pot.
- Beef- Ensure that the beef being cooked is fresh.
- Ginger Garlic Paste- Nothing beat Homemade Ginger garlic paste.
- Homemade Karahi Masala- Takes few ingredients but preservative free.
HOW TO COOK BEEF KARAHI?
Let's Make Beef Karahi!!!
Tender Pakistani Beef Karahi
- Instant Pot
- 2 green cardamom
- 1 black cardamom
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 1 inch ginger julienne
- In an Instant Pot, on sauté mode, add oil and let it heat up.
- Add beef and sauté the beef for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Next add ginger garlic paste and mix well for 2-3 minutes.
- Add onion and mix well.
- Next place the whole tomatoes in the Instant pot along with tomato paste.
- Mix everything well for 3-4 minutes.
- Next add homemade karahi masala and mix well for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add fresh lemon juice and cilantro and mix well.
- Close the lid, select pressure, pressure it for 25 minutes or until the beef is tender.
- Vent the steam out and open the lid.
- The gravy would be runny.
- Give it a good mix.
- Then let it cook on sauté mode for 5 minutes or until the gravy thickens.
- Garnish with ginger and cilantro.
- Serve it immediately with a hot naan or chapati.