Sarah- OMG! have I got a new, simple, quick, and yummy recipe for you. It's so easy that my toddler can make it or make you seems so fancy front of your guests. It's my Blueberry Lemon bundt cake recipe. It's so perfect for any occasion. Whether you're throwing a baby shower, bridal shower, have to take some to a Eid brunch, or any event. Everybody will think you spend at least 5 hour making this cake, when you actually spend less than one hour. I won't tell them.
Blueberry Lemon Bundt cake is so easy. It's basically mixing the wet and dry ingredients together. I'd make sure you leave 2 sticks of butter out overnight before you melt them, because so you won't get any lumps in your mixture. Blueberry Lemon Bundt is very yummy and soft. Make sure you mix the batter up really good, when add the wet and dry ingredients together. When it comes time for storing please don't store it in the fridge. The cake will become hard and lose its taste and texture. Another important ingredient is the sour cream, I used to make this cake without sour cream and It was kind of hard from the inside.
When making the blueberry lemon bundt cake, you have to pour it into the bundt pan, don't worry about it let the gravity do it's job you will get a perfect shape every time depending on which bundt pan you have. Just before you put it in the oven, hit the pan on the counter, so the batter goes in every corner smoothly just in case. Also, grease the pan up really good so you wouldn't have a sticky cake. After you spray the pan generously go over it with the brush so you wouldn't miss a spot in that pan, because with bundt cakes their pans have extreme cuts so you want to get every inch of that pan drenched in baking spray.
An easy blueberry lemon bundt cake recipe that whips up in no time. No electric mixer needed! Perfect for any occasion. I hope you give this recipe a try. If you have any questions about our recipes, techniques, or you just want to say hi! Please feel free to message us. As always, if you try any of our recipes be sure to tag us on instagram @twoclovesinapot. Find us on Pinterest too @twoclovesinapot. Please subscribe to our newsletter. We value honest feedback.
Blueberry Lemon Bundt Cake
- 2 sticks butter leave it out on the counter to thawed then melt it when you're ready in the microwave 30 seconds incrememts.
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup water
- 2 ⅔ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup sour cream thawed
- In a large bowl combine eggs, butter, sugar, water, sour cream, and lemon zest. Whisk to combine.
- In a smaller bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, in thirds, mixing gently to combine. Fold in blueberries, mix to combine.
- Pour batter into a Bundt pan that has been sprayed with baking spray. Brush it in.
- Bake at 350F for 45 mins until golden brown and a toothpick or fork comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely for 30 minutes. Reverse cake onto a cooling rack.
- Dust it with powder sugar for garnish.