Sarah - Hi everyone! I'm so excited to share this post. I teamed up with nestle to bring this post for you. I'm so excited that a company like nestle want to work with me. Im honored. Ok, back to our usual programming. hehe... This week I'm excited to bring you a chocolate Soufflé's recipe. It is so yummy and easy recipe. It comes together within 30 minutes. If you want to make the batter 24 hours in advance that be fine just keep it in the fridge until you're ready to put it in the oven.
Chocolate Soufflé can sound intimidating, however it's so easy to make and the list of ingredients are probably in your pantry and fridge. It's so light and decadent at the same time. The holidays are upon us this will make a perfect addition to your holiday dessert. everybody will thank you for making such a fancy dessert but only you and I know that you made it in less than 30 minutes. Grease the ramekins. It is essential! I use a non-stick cooking spray then brush it along the whole ramekins so it gets everywhere. Sprinkle some cocoa powder and move the ramekin around so it gets everywhere along the bottom and the sides. So you it can suck in the taste of cocoa powder even more. Another thing I like to add to my soufflé is instant coffee or else the taste of chocolate is too strong.
I used Nestle Toll house's Artisan collection Premium Baking semisweet chips. I used the water bath method to melt the chocolates. Water bath method is when you fill a pot with 2-3 cups of water in medium skillet and turn the heat on and place the chocolate to melt on a stainless steal bowl, make sure the water does not touch the end of your stainless steel bowl or your chocolate will be burned from the bottom. Keep on stirring it until all the chocolate will be meltI hope you give this recipe a try. If you have any questions about our recipes, techniques, or you just want to say hi! Please feel free to message us. As always, if you try any of our recipes be sure to tag us on instagram @twoclovesinapot. Find us on Pinterest too @twoclovesinapot. Please subscribe to our newsletter. We value honest feedback.
- ½ cup Nestle semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp butter salted
- 1 ½ tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 yolk
- 4 egg whites
- 2 pinches cream of tartar
- 8 tbsp cold full fat milk
- 3 sugar
- ¼ tsp instant coffee
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- powder sugar to garnish
- cocoa powder to put around the ramekins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray the ramekins with cooking spray. Brush the sides and the bottom with cocoa powder; cover the bottom of the ramekins and the sides. rotate the ramekins until cocoa powder.
- Place chocolate chips in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Place bowl over a pan of about 2 cups hot water over medium low heat. Do not let water boil or come to a simmer. Don't let the water touch the bottom of the stainless steel mixing bowl.
- Melt butter and the chocolate chips in a skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle in flour. Whisk until flour is incorporated into butter and mixture thickens, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to low.
- Whisk in cold milk until mixture becomes smooth and thickens, 2 or 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat. Transfer mixture to bowl with melted chocolate. Add salt, coffee, and vanilla extract. Mix together thoroughly. Add egg yolk to the chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Leave bowl above the hot (not simmering) water to keep chocolate warm while you whip the egg whites.
- Place 2 egg whites in a mixing bowl; add cream of tartar. Whisk until mixture begins to thicken and a drizzle from the whisk stays on the surface about 1 second before disappearing into the mix, 2 or 3 minutes. Add sugar and whisk in. Whisk in a bit more sugar about 15 seconds. Continue whisking until mixture is about as thick as shaving cream and holds soft peaks, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer egg whites to chocolate mixture. Mix until egg whites are thoroughly incorporated into the chocolate, 1 or 2 minutes. Gently fold into the chocolate with a spatula, lifting from the bottom and folding over. Stop mixing after the egg white disappears. Divide mixture between 4 prepared ramekins. Place ramekins on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 13 minutes, sprinkle some powder sugar on top, serve it hot.
Leave a comment & rate this recipe