5-Minute Refreshing Lassi Recipe (Indian Yogurt Drink) is a popular Indian and Pakistani yogurt-based drink. It’s cooling, refreshing and easy to make at home in 5 minutes with the help of a high-powered blender. My lassi recipe uses full fat yogurt, plus a secret ingredient—black salt—to take your homemade lassi drink from good to OH WOW!
TABLE OF CONTENT
- What is Lassi?
- What is my secret ingredient?
- Best yogurt for Lassi
- Benefits of Lassi
- How to prepare Lassi
- What to pair Lassi with
- How to store Lassi
- Other Drinks
- The Lassi Recipe
WHAT IS LASSI?
5-Minute Refreshing Lassi Recipe (Indian Yogurt Drink) is a yogurt-based drink with many different variations. Drinking Lassi cools your bodily system, especially if you have it on a hot summer day. Mango Lassi is a very popular form of the Pakistani drink recipes. Some people like their lassi sweet, while others prefer it salty.
WHAT IS MY SECRET INGREDIENT?
My secret ingredient is BLACK SALT. Black Salt tastes incredible when added to Lassi; plus, it's really great for digestion! It definitely kicks the lassi up a notch.
BEST YOGURT FOR LASSI
The best yogurt for lassi is the full fat yogurt. I have tried this lassi with low fat yogurt and it's definitely not the same.
Lassi does not require milk since Lassi is yogurt-based, However, some people do add milk in accordance with their preferences.
Yes! But it will taste noticeably different.
BENEFITS OF LASSI
- it's beneficial for your digestion system.
- Yogurt is rich in probiotics, which aids in the digestive system.
- It also has a significant amount of calcium which is great for bones.
- Refreshing drink, great for summers.
- Yogurt- That's the base of Lassi, always make it with full fat yogurt.
- Sugar- When making this lassi, sugar is one of the crucial ingredients.
- Salt- Balances off the sugar.
- Black Salt- Black salt kicks the lassi up a notch.
HOW TO PREPARE LASSI?
WHAT TO PAIR LASSI WITH?
Lassi is a versatile. It can be drank with every meal. It can be easily be paired with Lacha Paratha, Instant Pot Moong and Masoor Dal , and Instant Pot Mutton Biryani.
HOW TO STORE IT?
After making Lassi, store it in a pitcher or jug in the fridge to keep it cold. Wrap the top of the pitcher or jug with a saran wrap or a lid(if you have one).
LET'S MAKE LASSI!!!
5-Minute Refreshing Lassi Recipe (Indian Yogurt Drink)
- 2 cup yogurt dahi
- ½ cup granulated sugar chini
- ¼ tsp salt namak
- ½ tsp black salt kala namak
- few ice cubes baraf
- Add sugar, yogurt, salt, and black salt, ice cubes, and blend it.
- Serve immediately.
Absolutely love it 😀
Sarah Mirza says
Thank you so much <3
Just made this after you posted this today. It’s soo great! Black salt like you said kicks it up a notch. Thank you for this recipe. Can’t wait until my husband gets home for him to try this.
Sarah Mirza says
Thank you so much 🙂