Sarah- AHHHHH... I am so excited to present my Thai Red Chicken Curry recipe. Notice I didn't say authentic because I have never been to Thailand I seriously don't know what authentic Thai Red Chicken Curry taste like, but I hope to go to Thailand one day and eat authentic Thai Red Chicken Curry there. However, I made it just like I have in my favorite Thai restaurant in America. I can safely say it taste like that or even better. The taste is AMAZING. You have to make it to believe it. This is one of my favorite Thai curries in the world.
WHY THIS THAI RED CHICKEN CURRY IS SO GOOD!
It comes together in no time. This curry is made in 30 minutes by ingredients you probably have in your fridge and pantry.
You can substitute the chicken with any other kinds of protein or vegetable, such as tofu, zucaanni, spinach, and etc.
You can make this ahead of time. It's a great freezing option.
WHAT'S IN THIS RED CURRY PASTE?
You have a choice to make your own red curry paste at home, however I personally adore the store-bought one. This is the one that I use: Thai Red Curry Paste . The Thai Red Curry Paste consists of red chili pepper, garlic, lemongrass, galangal (Thai ginger) and spices that are harvested at their peak of freshness. It has so much flavor. You will love it.
WHAT KIND OF RICE TO EAT WITH THIS CURRY?
I highly recommand jasmine rice. Please don't cook basmati rice with it. it really kills the flavor. Jasmine rice are a short grain variety of rice that has a subtle floral aroma and a soft, sticky texture when cooked. The grains are also shorter and thicker than basmati rice.
HOW TO COOK THAI RED CHICKEN CURRY?
In a medium size pot, on medium heat add olive and let it heat up. Add onion sauté it until it's translucent. Mix in the garlic and sauté it for about 30 seconds. Next add the chicken, red pepper flakes, and salt, mix it together. At this point, add the bell pepper and give it a mix. Now add the coconut milk and mix it together for 2-3 minutes. Add the red curry paste and mix it together for 2 minutes. Next add the chicken broth, brown sugar and mix well. Let it cook for 10-12 minutes. Now add the corn starch mixture and give it a mix. Once it starts comes into a smooth curry consistency now add chili garlic sauce and mix well. Add some basil leaves and mix well. Garnish with basil. Serve with jasmine rice top with cilantro.
Thai Red Chicken Curry is one of favorite curries from Thailand. We have other recipes like this: Kung Pao Chicken , Chicken Tigania , and Fried Chicken Tacos . If you have any questions about our recipes, techniques, recipe request, or you just want to say hi! Please feel free to message us and As always, if you try any of our recipes be sure to tag us on instagram @twoclovesinapot. Find us on Pinterest too, @twoclovesinapot. Please subscribe to our newsletter. We value honest feedback.
Thai Red Chicken Curry
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1-½ chicken thigh cubed
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic finely minced
- salt as needed
- 1 red bell pepper cut long pieces
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 oz red curry paste (the whole bottle)
- 2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp corn starch with 1 tbsp water make it so mixture.
- 1 can coconut milk (it should be about 13-14 ounces)
- In a medium size pot, on medium heat, add olive and let it heat up.
- Add onion sauté it until it's translucent.
- Add garlic and sauté it for about 30 seconds.
- Next add the chicken, red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Mix it together.
- Next add the bell pepper and give it a mix.
- Now add the coconut milk and mix it together for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the red curry paste and mix it together for 2 minutes.
- Next add the chicken broth, brown sugar and mix well.
- Let it cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Now add the corn starch mixture and give it a mix.
- Once it starts comes into a smooth curry consistency now add chili garlic sauce and mix well.
- Add some basil leaves and mix well.
- Garnish with basil.
- Serve with jasmine rice top with cilantro.