Sarah- Hey everyone, hope you're doing good and are safe. I know all the kids are home. I am giving out a kid friendly recipe that all kids can enjoy. It is the ♥Chicken Bread♥ recipe. This is the only recipe that I need Vaquas's assistance in the last part of making this bread. It's kind of a longer recipe but It's so worth it.
I won't say much about the recipe, you will have to try it for you kids. They will absolutely love it. I have been making this recipe since 2015. I got it online, I even forgot where I got the recipe from or would have given the proper credit to the owner. This recipe is great for any occasion. I have made it for parties, baby showers, bridal showers, and etc.
This chicken bread recipe will become a family favorite in no time. It's absolutely delicious. I hope you give this recipe a try. If you have any questions about our recipes, techniques, or you just want to say hi! Please feel free to message us. As always, if you try any of our recipes be sure to tag us on instagram @twoclovesinapot. Find us on Pinterest too @twoclovesinapot. Please subscribe to our newsletter. We value honest feedback.
Ingredients for the Bread
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup milk
- warm water as needed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 ½ tsp instant yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- ½ lbs chicken thigh
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
Chicken Batter Mixture
- ½ onion finely chopped
- 1 cup whole milk
- sharred chicken from the boiled chicken which sharred
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 serrano pepper chopped finely
- 1 crushed red chilis
- egg wash egg with 2 tbsp water (mixed)
- 3 tbsp sweet salted butter melted
- sesame seeds
Dough for the bread
- In a standing mixer, add flour, salt, sugar and instant yeast mix well.
- Add in the egg, oil, milk mix it with the help of your hands and keep adding the water slowly to form a soft dough.
- It will be sticking to your hands but that is what is required, then dust flour on the working surface and add the dough and knead it with your palms for 5 min.
- Grease a bowl and place the dough in a warm place; also grease the top of the dough, cover and keep it until it doubles in size, it usually takes me 2 hours.
- Once the dough rises then once again dust the surface with flour and knead it for futher 5 minutes.
- In a pot, on medium heat, put all the ingreidents and mix well. Let the chicken cook for 15 minutes.
- After the chicken is tender, drain the water, sherred the chicken, set aside.
- In a medium size pot, on medium heat, add the flour cook on low to medium flame for 1 minute, then add serano pepper, crushed red chillies, salt, black pepper, and milk. Keep stirring and make a lump free thick sauce now add the sherred chicken mix well and let it cool down completely.
- Take the dough and cut it to four equal parts.
- Roll out the first dough part and add the filling in the middle, then cut the sides of the dough to do the binding, start from left to right placing the cut strips one on the other until the end and pinch the end part to seal it.
- Grease the tray lightly with baking spray, place the stuffed bread on it, brush it with egg wash, sprinkle the sesame seeds.
- Preheat oven for 400 degrees.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or till gets golden on the top.
- Baked take it out and brush it with little butter and serve hot.