Vaquas: Hi everyone, I'm back with a brand new recipe. It's my Lobia Chaat recipe. I hope you like it, It's easy, quick, healthy, and delicious. My paternal grandmother used to make this for iftar when I was a kid. This recipe takes me back to my childhood days.
WHAT IS A LOBIA CHAAT?
It's black eyed beans mixed in seasoning and tangy flavors to give your tastebuds the ride of their life with their deliciousness. A perfect starter for your next party or a perfect dish for Iftar.
SOME FACTS ABOUT LOBIA CHAAT
Lobia Chaat takes minimum ingredients to make, takes less about 10 minutes. It's a perfect meal for Iftar time during the month of ramadan. It can be made 2 days in advance. I prefer eating it warm but some people eat it cold. There is no right or wrong way to eat this. It's filled with energy after a long day of fasting or it makes a great side for your everyday dinner party.
HOW TO PREPARE LOBIA CHAAT?
Lobia Chaat makes a great addition to your iftar, dinner, or lunch table. My wife makes this when she wants to lose weight. It’s absolutely delicious. I hope you give this recipe a try this Ramadan and even post Ramadan. If you have any questions about our recipes, techniques, or you just want to say hi! Please feel free to message us. As always, if you try any of our recipes be sure to tag us on instagram @twoclovesinapot. Find us on Pinterest too @twoclovesinapot. Please subscribe to our newsletter. We value honest feedback.
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 can blackeye beans
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp anardana powder
- 2 tsp amchur powder
- ¼ tsp black salt
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- salt as needed
- ¼ onion chopped
- ½ tomato chopped
- ½ serrano pepper chopped
- fresh lemon juice
- cilantro chopped
- In a fry pan, on medium heat, add cumin seeds and coriander seeds and lightly dry roast them for 30 seconds. Turn off the stove.
- Pour this dry roasted mixture in a mortar, add the anardana powder and lightly crushed with pestle.
- Add amchur powder, red chili powder, chaat masala, red chili flakes, black salt, salt to the mixture, then crush them.
- In the same fry pan, on medium heat, add oil.
- As soon as the oil is heated add in the beans and saute it for 1 minute.
- Pour in the mixture and saute it for 2 minutes.
- Add in the onion, tomatoes and mix it.
- Take it off the stove.
- Garnish with cilantro, serrano pepper, and fresh lemon juice.