Sarah - Hey guys! I'm back with a new recipe. It's a Green Bean Casserole recipe. if you're anything like me, you love hosting a thanksgiving feast at your place. Sadly, I'll be traveling so won't be able to host; so I made casserole this weekend so would like to share the recipe with you all.
When I started hosting my thanksgiving feasts, I started out with that instant casserole with the cream of mushroom can. Fast forward to two years ago. I wasn't satisfied with the taste. Thus begin my experimenting with the casserole recipe and came up with this one. This dish can be made up to 24 hours ahead of time. Make it ahead of time but leave the crispy onions out so they don't get soggy. I used to make the fried onion myself but they really get soggy really quickly despite being placed in an airtight ziplock bag, so now I just use the store-bought ones. if you happen to put it in the fridge take it out 20 minutes before heating up. I usually heat it up 7 to 8 min in an oven at 350 degrees. Always use fresh green beans not the frozen kind. Fresh green beans enhances the flavor of the dish plus when you are done making it put some on top of the actual casserole but beneath the fried onions. Fried onions are one of the most essential ingredients to make green bean casserole.
This green bean casserole recipe is a delicious one. I hope you give this recipe a try. If you have any questions about our recipes, techniques, or you just want to say hi! Please feel free to message us. As always, if you try any of our recipes be sure to tag us on instagram @twoclovesinapot. Find us on Pinterest too @twoclovesinapot. Please subscribe to our newsletter. We value honest feedback.
Green Bean Casserole
- 4 oz mushrooms sliced and cut
- 6 oz green beans washed and cut
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 and ¼ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese fresh
- french fried onion
- 2 tsp thyme
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper
- Fill a large pot with water add a pinch of salt and bring it to boil.
- Add green beans and cook for 3 minute, drain and rinse them under cold water to stop them from cooking and set aside.
- In a medium size skillet, on medium heat, add butter and let it melt.
- Add in onion, mushrooms, and garlic and saute them for 7-8 minutes or until viggies cooked down.
- Now add flour to it and stir constantly for about a minute.
- Next add in chicken stock, thyme, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix it all together. Cook it for 5 minutes.
- Add in the half of green beans and cream mix them together and cook for another 5 minute.
- Stir in the cheese and then the friend onions.
- Serve it hot! Enjoy!