Sarah: Hey everyone, ya we are back to our normal scheduled recipes. This week I'm coming to you with a brand new and a very different recipes than my usual recipes. This week's recipe is Banana Chocolate Chip Bread. The fall season has started and here in Memphis we are still in the 90s when talking about the weather. However, this hot weather doesn't stop me from my fall baking spree. I hope you enjoy this recipe.
I love adding cinnamon to my fall and holiday baking, so you will see lots of that in the future recipes. I use it whole cinnamon sticks in my savory recipes too. It's biggest and I think the most important benefit is that it lowers blood sugar levels. It's loaded with antioxidants, plus it contains anti-inflammatory properties. I started out using 6 bananas when I started experimenting with this recipe. It was honestly too much bananas for my taste. I then reduced down to 4 but I wasn't really satisfied by the taste because all I could taste were the bananas, it overpowered the taste of cinnamon so I reduced it to only 2 bananas so now the taste is balanced.
This makes a perfect side for lunch that I send with my daughter to school, or after school snack. Even more perfect for the approaching thanksgiving and Christmas time. As always, this is a bread that's been toddler approved. I hope you give this recipe a try. If you have any questions about our recipes, techniques, or you just want to say hi! Please feel free to message her. As always, if you try any of our recipes be sure to tag us on instagram @twoclovesinapot. Find us on Pinterest too @twoclovesinapot. Please subscribe to our newsletter. We value honest feedback.
Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
- standing mixer
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick salted butter room temp
- 2 bananas riped and mashed
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp whole milk don't substitute any other kind of milk it will not work the same.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp walnuts roughly chopped
- Pre heat the oven 350 degrees
- Grease the loaf pan with nonsick baking spray then go over it with a kitchen brush make sure it's evenly spread.
- With a paddle attachment on the standing mixer, combine butter, sugar and let it mix it.
- Add in the eggs and mix well in the standing mixer.
- Add in bananas and pure vanilla extract and mix well in the standing mixer.
- In a medium size bowl, add flour cinamon powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix well slightly with the spoon.
- Now add in dry mixture into your wet mixture in thirds and between that add in the milk and mix well.
- Add in ½ cup of chocolate chip into the mixture and mix it with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture in the greased loaf pan and even it out with the spatula.
- Top the mixture with the rest of chocolate chip and walnuts.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
Best bread ever!
I have made this bread several times and it has turned out so amazing! My family and friends love it. I make it without the chocolate chips!
Lubna Rehan says
I tried this recipe and it turned out so so good!
Lubna Rehan says
It turned out so well.I lived this recipe
I don't know how many times I made but its something I crave and I am someone who eats eating raw bannana and this is the best treat soo yummy and perfect recipe not too sweet everything is measured very accurately keep up good work and Sara is very helpful and best
Sarah Mirza says
Thank you so much ❤️❤️