Sarah- Hi everyone, hope you're doing well. Today, I am going to let you know how to make a classic Dough recipe. It is so easy and accurate down to every drop of water you add to your dough. This is the best dough recipe. I promise you when you make dough at home, you will forget about eating out.
This is the best easy accurate dough recipe. This dough recipe requires only 6 ingredients that you have it sitting in your pantry, this dough recipe requires minimum kneading by hand. If you're not comfortable making the dough at home trust me on this one, I was the same way. I am going to ask you to refer back to this recipe multiple times, when I teach you how to make homemade breadsticks, garlic knots, pizza, and many other recipes coming in the future.
Which kind of flour and yeast should I use in this dough recipe?
Some people may argue to use all sorts of other flour like almond flour and bread flour. However, I like to stick with all purpose flour. It keeps the dough at the right amount of softness. It's perfect. As for the yeast, you should always use instant active dry yeast. Buy it sachet of yeast. There are 2 ¼ teaspoons in there.
How long and where would the dough sit at?
Well, after greasing the bowl and the dough, place it in an airtight container and place it in the warmest place in your home for 1 ½ - 2 hours. The dough has to sit in one place and raise. My mom always place it in her oven in order to get the dough to rise, but I place it under a table in a warm place. It's up to you whatever works for you just get the dough to a warm place, that's all it matters.
This dough recipe will really come in handy for some of my future recipe, I promise. As you wait for what to do with this dough recipe, you can try my other recipes like: Chicken Bread , Chicken Tigania , and Fried Ravioli . If you have any questions about our recipes, techniques, or you just want to say hi! Please feel free to message us. As always, if you try any of our recipes be sure to tag us on instagram @twoclovesinapot. Find us on Pinterest too, @twoclovesinapot. Please subscribe to our newsletter. We value honest feedback.
- 3½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1⅓ cup luke warm water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sachet instant yeast fast acting
- In a bowl, add the yeast to the 1⅓ cup of luke warm water and set it aside for about 4-5 minutes.
- In a standing mixer, with the dough attachment, mix together the flour, salt, sugar and olive oil.
- Stir the yeast in the water to make sure its all dissolved and add it to the flour mixture.
- Let the dough mix well on medium for 5 minutes then add few drops of luke warm water.
- When the dough is formed, Take out the dough and fold in for 2 minutes.
- Shape it into a ball then cut into 2 pieces.
- Grease the 2 airtight bowls with oil.
- Put each dough ball in each of the bowl. brush some oil on top of the dough and cover it with the lid.
- Go to warmest place in your house and place the bowls there and let it rise and check it after 2 hours.
- Once it's raise you can bake it at 400f or check out the garlic knots recipes for furthur steps.
Leave a comment & rate this recipe