Sarah- First of all Happy New Year! Hope you all are having an awesome year so far, I hope it gets better and better by the day as the year goes on.This week's recipe is Yogurt Chicken Curry is my favorite chicken curry to make. It's my go to comfort food other than Daal Chawal (lentils and rice) and pasta. In addition, whenever my toddler isn't feeling well she always ask for this curry.
This recipe came about when I was living with my youngest brother at home while my parents were out of the country. I didn't know much about cooking so it was a lot of trial and errors. This recipe is all about spices and seasoning plus yogurt. I have tried it with heavy whipping cream in the past but I always came back to adding yogurt.
You won't find a recipe like this. This recipe is filled with flavor and this recipe is toddler approved. I hope you give this recipe a try. As always, if you try any of our recipes be sure to tag us on instagram @twoclovesinapot. Find us on Pinterest too @twoclovesinapot. we value honest feedback.
One Pot Yogurt Chicken Curry
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 lbs chicken
- 3 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 4 tsp coriander powder
- 3 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- salt as needed
- 3 whole black peppercorns
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 green cardamom pods
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 black cardamom
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ¾ cup yogurt
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro to garnish
- In a medium size pot, on medium heat, add in oil and onion, sauté until onion turns golden, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and continue to sauté until the raw smell disappears, about 30-45 seconds
- Add in chicken and stir-fry for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in coriander powder, turmeric, salt, red chilli powder, whole black peppercorns, cinnamon, green cardamom, cloves, and black cardamom. Mix well for 5 minutes.
- Add in the water and let the water evaporate until ½ cup left in the pot.
- Pour in the yogurt and mix well for 2 minutes.
- Add in green cardamom powder and garam masala powder and mix well.
- Cover the lid and let it cook on low for 10 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Add in more water if you want more gravy.
- Garnish with Cilantro.
- Serve it with Naan or Chapatis.