Sarah- Hey everyone! I'm back with the brand new different recipe. When we lived in Connecticut, we used to go to an authentic greek restaurant. They had a yummy dish that I always ordered. When we moved to Tennessee, I check if there is an authentic greek restaurant available near by but sadly there was none. So I started searching the web for authentic greek food recipe, but all of them sadly included alcohol. So I came up with my version of Chicken Tigania.
a little about Chicken Tigania.
Chicken Tigania is the most delicious easy greek recipe. We all know how quickly we want dinner after a tried day at work. However, This whips up in less than 20 minutes. I grantee you this recipe will keep you wanting more. The juices from the chicken and the broth will leave you speechless. I can't write more about this recipe, because it uses bare minimal ingredients. Its infused with flavorful herbs. It's simply delicious. Chicken Tigania is a lemony tangy flavorful recipe which should be included in your weeknight recipes. This will become a staple in your household. This can be paired up with pita or garlic butter orzo.
Pork or Chicken?
Chicken Tigania is usually made in pork, but I don't eat pork so I made it in chicken. The restaurant I went to always made it in chicken too. That's why I used to order it.
Chicken Tigania is perfect for any time you want quick easy meal. I hope you give this recipe a try. Also try our Garlic Knots , Chicken Caprese Pasta , and Spicy Chicken Sandwich . If you have any questions about our recipes, techniques, or you just want to say hi! Please feel free to message us. As always, if you try any of our recipes be sure to tag us on instagram @twoclovesinapot. Find us on Pinterest too @twoclovesinapot. Please subscribe to our newsletter. We value honest feedback.
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lbs chicken thigh cubed
- 4 sprig fresh thyme
- 4 sprig fresh parsley chopped
- 2 sprig fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper as needed
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp lemon juice fresh
- ½ onion chopped
- In a skillet, on medium heat, add in olive oil, once heat up, add the onion until it's translucent.
- Now add chicken and garlic cloves, saute it for 5 minutes.
- Add in the salt, pepper, red chili flakes and give it a good mix for 2 mix.
- Pour the chicken broth in, let it cook until there is only ½ cup -1 cup of chicken broth left.
- Add the butter and mix it.
- Turn the heat to low.
- Add in lemon juice parsley, thyme, and rosemary; give it a good mix.
- Now cover your skillet, turn the heat to high for 30 seconds then turn it to low and let it cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve it hot! Enjoy with pita or orzo.
Enjoy! See you next time for a brand new recipe.