Quick 15-Minute Pakistani Khagina or Khageena is a breakfast recipe. It's Pakistani version of scrambled eggs with light seasonings and veggies topped with cilantro and green onions. Most people enjoy Khagina with bread or parathas.
WHAT IS KHAGINA?
Quick 15-Minute Pakistani Khagina is a popular breakfast recipe. This is a Pakistani-style scrambled eggs made with onion, tomato, serrano pepper (green pepper), and seasonings. It goes well with paratha, bread, or even a croissant. This Pakistani recipe is sure a crowd pleaser. I have other Pakistani breakfast recipes on the blog like: Sooji Ka Halwa, Beef Nihari, and Paratha.
HOW TO MAKE KHAGEENA?
CAN YOU ADD VEGGIES TO IT?
OMG! Yes, you can every much so. May I suggest adding some mushrooms, bell pepper, spinach and cherry tomatoes. I can imagine that would taste so good and loaded with flavor and health benefits.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN OMELETTE AND SCRAMBLED EGG?
Omelette is folded in one piece and not stirred very often while cooking. Scrambled eggs get pushed around in the frying pan so you can get little chunks of eggs as the end result.
Quick 15-Minute Pakistani Khagina
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- ½ medium onion finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato finely chopped
- 4 sprig green onion finely chopped
- ¼ bunch cilantro finely chopped
- ¼ tsp kashmiri red pepper powder (you subtitute add red chili powder or red chili flakes, also if you want it alittle spicy use ½ tsp)
- 1 serrano pepper finely chopped
- salt and pepper as needed
- 1 tbsp cilantro finely chopped for garnish
- 1 sprig green onion finely chopped for garnish
- Break the eggs in a bowl and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add onion, 4 sprig of green onions, tomatoes, cilantro, kashmiri red chili powder, and sarrano peppers, salt and pepper and mix it.
- In a medium size fry pan, on medium heat, pour in oil, heat it up.
- Add the veggies mixture and saute them until they are tender.
- Add the eggs now.
- Constant stirring it until its fully cooked in 7-8 minutes while doing this break the egg chunks into little bite size pieces.
- Eggs should be scrambled, and fully cooked by now.
- Sprinkle some cilantro at top along with some green onion.
- Dish it out, have it with bread or paratha.