Sarah- Hi everyone, Hope you're all doing well! Hope you're enjoying your holidays with your loved ones. I wish you happy holidays from the team twoclovesinapot. Now let's get back to our recipe for this week. This week I partnered up with nestle to bring you a Chocolate Ganache Tart.
This Chocolate tart is going to be creamy, soft, rich, and best of all, it's so good that you can't stop. It's dangerous if you're trying to lose weight. So this is a disclaimer that if you are on a diet please don't try this recipe. This tart can be made with dark chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chip. I would strongly recommend that you buy the Nestle ones. They are just the best once nothing comes close to them.
For this recipe, you will need a tart pan. The main difference between a tart pan and a pie pan is the shape and depth of the side. Tart pans are made of metal and have removable bottom. Tart pans allows you to slip off the outer ring marring the beautiful crust. Unlike pie pans, tart comes in all shapes and sizes. they are 3 inch circumference ones but for this recipe I personally used an eleven inch one. However, you can also use a normal baking pan without the removable bottom. Shape doesn't matter as long as you get the taste right?
This will be great for an office party, home party, Valentines day, Christmas, or even Thanksgiving as an extra easy dessert. It comes together really easy and quickly. You have to try this recipe to believe it. Perfect addition to any party menu. I hope you give this recipe a try. If you have any questions about our recipes, techniques, or you just want to say hi! Please feel free to message us. As always, if you try any of our recipes be sure to tag us on instagram @twoclovesinapot. Find us on Pinterest too @twoclovesinapot. Please subscribe to our newsletter. We value honest feedback.
Chocolate Ganache Tart
- 14.3 oz oreo
- ¼ cup salted butter thawed but not melted
- ½ tsp salt
- 2.5 cups dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp instant coffee
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp luke warm water
- powdered sugar garnish
- any fruit to garnish
For the crust
- Process the cookies until fine.
- Add the butter and salt and process until everything has come together.
- Place the ground cookies on the base of the tart tin and press using your fingers to form the base and sides.
- Place the tin in the freezer as we make the ganache. This will help it not move when we pour the ganache on top and spread it around.
For the ganache
- Melt the chocolate over water bath or in the microwave in 30 second intervals, mixing after each interval.
- Pour the cream and sugar into a pot and stir constantly over medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolves and steam comes out of the cream. Don't let it come to a boil or you could burn the chocolate.
- Pour the cream onto the melted chocolate and mix with a spatula at the center of the bowl in small circles. Now add in the instant coffee, vanilla extract, and water and mix well.
- Pour the ganache onto the base of the tart and spread it out.
- Take the tart to the freezer and freeze it for 3 hours then put it in the fridge until it's ready to be serve.
- You can garnish it with any kind of fruit that your heart desires, top it off with some powder sugar.