Pakistani Golgappa Chaat (Golgappay Chaat) is stuffing crispy puffed puris with seasoned chickpeas and potatoes and topped with Chutneys, sev (fried noodle bits), and sweet yogurt mixture.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is Golgappa Chaat?
- What are golgappay made out of?
- How to prepare the black chickpeas?
- How to make this chaat?
- How to store it?
- Golgappa Chaat Recipe
WHAT IS GOLGAPPA CHAAT?
Pakistani Golgappa Chaat (Golgappay Chaat, Pani Puri Chaat) is a Pakistani street food. In order to make this chaat, golgappa needs to be stuffed with potato and black chickpea mixture, sweet yogurt, sev, papdi, and don't forget the Green Chutney and Khatti Meethi Chutney; Don't forget to sprinkle some chaat masala on top. This chaat is sweet and tangy side.
WHAT ARE GOLGAPPAY MADE OUT OF?
They are fried whole wheat flour (atta) balls, that are hollow from inside, just waiting to be stuffed with mixtures and chutneys.
HOW TO PREPARE THE BLACK CHICKPEAS?
Black chickpeas in chaats are game changers. Black chickpea pair so well with this type of chaat. First soak them overnight, then let it cook in the instant pot. Then that's it. Please check out my detailed how to cook the perfect black chickpea or kala chana.
- Yogurt mixture- Yogurt and sugar mix them together.
- Chutneys- Khatti Meethi and Green Chutney
- Potatoes and chickpea mixture- This mixture consist of chickpeas and potatoes along with seasonings and fresh cilantro.
- Sev- Dried fried South Asian noodle bits.
- Papdi - They are little circular shape salty bits.
- Pomegranate- To garnish and give it a tangy flavor with chaat.
- Chaat Masala- To garnish it's an important ingredient.
HOW TO MAKE THIS CHAAT?
HOW TO STORE IT?
This is the only recipe on the blog that can't be stored If assembled. Please eat it right away or it will be ruined. However, the chutneys and the other mixtures can be made ahead of time and stored in fridge if needed. When ready to eat, just assemble and serve immediately.
Let's Make Golgappa Chaat!!!
Pakistani Golgappa Chaat (Golgappay Chaat)
- 1 cup yogurt whipped
- ½ cup sugar
Potatoes and Chickpeas Mixture
- pomegranate to garnish
- sev to garnish
- cilantro to garnish
- chaat masala to garnish
- Whip the yogurt, and add sugar mix well, and set aside.
Powdered spice Mixture
- Mix black salt, amchur powder, dahi baray masala, and chaat masala.
Potatoes and Chickpea Mixture
- Boil the potatoes and roughly chopped them into bitesize pieces.
- In a bowl, add the potatoes, the remaing ingredients and mix well.
- In a round plate, place the puri balls, dig a little hole on top so you can put in the mixtures.
- Stuff the puri balls with potatoes and chickpea mixture almost filling the ball.
- Add the yogurt mixture, the two chutneys. Now it should be loaded.
- Now add the powdered mixture.
- Add the fresh cilantro, sev, papdi, and pomegrante.
- Top it with some chaat masala.