Uncover the art of crafting 15-Minute Pakistani Chai in this enlightening blog post. A steaming cup of tea on stovetop is a cherished aspiration for every Pakistani.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is Chai?
- Ingredients you'll need...
- How to make Chai?
- What to serve with chai?
- Different types of drinks on the blog
- The Pakistani Chai Recipe
WHAT IS CHAI?
Indulging in the allure of 15-Minute Pakistani Chai remains a cherished desire for every individual in Pakistan. Custom-made and served piping hot, this invigorating tea is skillfully crafted by steeping a teabag with green cardamom in hot water. With its origins hailing from Pakistan and India, Chai has emerged as an immensely popular beverage choice. On a little side, this has got to be my parents favorite Pakistani drink recipes on this blog.
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED...
- Water- Make sure the water comes to a boil before adding teabags.
- Milk- The more milk you add the lighter tea will become it will be less stronger.
- Sugar- Adjust the sugar to suit your personal preference.
Indeed, the answer lies in a dual approach. As the chai is in the process of brewing, water serves as the initial base. Once the brewing is complete, the harmonious addition of milk further enhances its flavor and richness.
Cherished by South Asians, chai holds a special place as a revitalizing elixir, ideal for both morning rejuvenation and late afternoon revitalization. Often considered a worthy alternative to American coffee, chai accompanies the afternoon with a delightful interlude, thoughtfully paired with light snacks to elevate the experience.
HOW TO MAKE PAKISTANI CHAI?
Open the green cardamom pods.
Next add green cardamoms and cloves.
Place the lid on top.
Add milk, sugar, and you're done.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CHAI?
Embracing their cultural preferences, Pakistanis savor a delightful morning tea, pairing it harmoniously with Cake rusk. In the afternoon, their love for tea transcends to an array of delectable options like Pakoras, Aloo Ki Tikki, Shami Kababs, Keemay ki Kachoriyan, or Samosas, making it a cherished and flavorful experience.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF DRINKS ON THE BLOG
- Mohabbat Ka Sherbat
- Rooh Afza
- Sweet Lassi
- Mango milkshake
- Falsay Ka Sharbat
- Mango Lassi
Let's Make Pakistani Chai!!!
15-Minute Pakistani Chai
- 4 cup water
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tea bags
- 2 cloves
- 4 green cardamoms
- Slightly open the green cardamoms like in the video.
- In a saucepan, on medium heat, add water, and let it come to a boil.
- Add green cardamoms and cloves to the boiling water.
- Next add tea bags to the boiling water.
- Give it a good mix.
- Cover the lid, let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add milk, sugar, and give it a mix.
- Cover and let it cook for 5-6 minutes
- Serve it hot immediately.