Discover the art of How To Make Sooji Ka Halwa, a delightful Pakistani and Indian dessert crafted from semolina. Unveil the simplicity of this classic recipe, requiring only six essential ingredients and a mere 15 minutes of your time!
WHAT IS SOOJI KA HALWA?
Join me on a culinary exploration as we unravel the secrets of How To Make Sooji Ka Halwa! Comprising semolina, known as sooji, and the sweetness of halwa, this delectable treat enjoys widespread popularity in Pakistan, having originated in India before finding its way to Pakistani kitchens.
My discerning Papa once bestowed upon me the highest compliment, declaring, "You create the best Sooji Ka Halwa in the world," a commendation that holds special weight given his selective palate.
ooji Ka Halwa stands out as a straightforward Pakistani dessert, requiring only six essential ingredients. It sits alongside other easy Pakistani dessert recipes like Zarda and Meethi Seviyaan. While some Sooji Ka Halwa recipes may result in lumpy textures, this foolproof recipe ensures a smooth consistency. The carefully measured water content not only prevents lump formation but also maintains the desired texture even after refrigeration and reheating.
WHICH SOOJI TO USE FOR SOOJI KA HALWA?
Opt for coarse semolina in preparing your Sooji ka Halwa, as using fine semolina may result in a sticky consistency. Aim for a smooth texture to enhance both the taste and overall experience of your halwa.
- Semolina- Opt always for coarse semolina as stated above.
- Sugar- I always use regular sugar but you can stevia or Splenda for a low-fat version of this recipe.
- Food coloring- I always use orange food coloring.
- Butter- I use salted butter but you can subtitute ghee instead of butter.
- Water- Just use regular tap or filtered water.
- Green Cardamoms- When adding them be sure to cut it open.
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT SOOJI KA HALWA?
Water, sugar, and green cardamom to a pot.
When it comes to a boil add food coloring.
Now in a separate skillet or fry pan, add semolina and let it turn golden.
When it turns golden add butter.
Now add the sugar mixture to the skillet or fry pan with your semolina.
Stir constantly until thick bubbles comes.
Garnish with pistachios.
Serve it hot.
3 USEFUL TIPS
- To make the authentic Pakistani way and to avoid stickiness in your halwa only use course Semolina.
- Stirring constantly as the Semolina turns golden.
- Don't turn off the heat until you see thick bubbles in your Sooji ka Halwa.
HOW TO SERVE IT?
Serve it with a hot, serve it for breakfast with a hot Puri and of course, It can be eaten as a dessert.
OTHER DESSERT RECIPES
Hey Friend, You’ve made it this far, so now we’re basically best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a quick review & star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok.
Let's Make Sooji Ka Halwa!!!
How to Make Sooji Ka Halwa
- ½ cup fine semolina sooji
- 1 cup sugar
- a pinch of orange food coloring
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 3 cups water
- 5 green cardamoms cut open
Make the sugar mixture
- Add water, sugar, and green cardamoms to a saucepan on medium heat and bring it to a boil.
- Wait until the sugar dissolves before moving to the next step.
- Add food coloring and turn the stove to low after giving it a quick mix.
- In a fry pan, wok, or a skillet on medium heat, add semolina.
- Stir continuously on medium heat stir until golden. (make sure your semolina is not turning black.
- As soon the semolina turns golden add melted butter and stir constantly. (I have shown this step in detail in the video.)
- Now sugar mixture to your semolina and melted butter.
- Let it cook stir constantly.
- When you see thick bubble.
- Give it a quick mix.
- Garish with pistachios, serve it hot.