Pakistani Meethi Seviyan (Sweet Vermicelli) is a dessert which you can whip up together in no time. Meethi Seviyan can be made for any occasion or even on a random weeknight when you need that tantalizing sugar fix.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is Meethi Seviyan?
- What is sheera?
- How to make Meethi Seviyan?
- Other Pakistani desserts
- Meethi Seviyan Recipe
WHAT IS MEETHI SEVIYAN?
Pakistani Meethi Seviyan (Sweet Vermicelli) is a Pakistani dessert which is typically dry yet also maintains a soft and fluffy texture. Whole wheat vermicelli is combined in a sheera and cooked until the water dries this mixture out; this resulting product is then topped with pistachios and almonds. Although many recipes call for milk, this recipe is uniquely made without milk.
WHAT IS A SHEERA?
Sheera is sugar dissolved in water that is then added to the dessert for sweetness.
- Vermicelli - Strands of hard whole wheat which softens as it cooks in sheera.
- Green Cardamom and Cloves - Important ingredients for the fragrance and subtle taste that coats Pakistani desserts.
- Kewra- It emits a nice fragrance.
- Water- To soften the Seviyan (Vermicelli).
- Almond & Pistachios- Used for Garnish.
- Ghee- Gives flavors in most of Pakistani desserts like Zarda.
HOW TO MAKE MEETHI SEVIYAN?
Other Pakistani Desserts
Let's Make Meethi Seviyan!!!
Pakistani Meethi Seviyan (Sweet Vermicelli)
- 150 grams vermicelli seviyan
- 1 cup sugar
- 2½ cup water
- 5 green cardamoms
- 2 cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ tsp kewra
- On medium heat, in a pot, add ghee and let it melt.
- Add cloves and green cardamom and sauté that for 15 seconds.
- Now add in the vermicelli, sauté that until beautiful golden color is formed.
- Once the golden color is formed. Take it off the stove and set aside.
- In another pot, add water, salt, and sugar.
- Mix it until sugar and salt dissolves. Now the sheera is ready.
- Take it off the stove.
- Bring the vermicelli pot back on stove; turn the stove to medium.
- Now add the sheera to the pot with the vermicelli.
- Next mix everything well. Stirring continuously until the water dries.
- Add Kewra and mix well.
- Now turn the stove to low and cover and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, turn off the stove, take the pot off the stove.
- Garnish with almonds and pistachios.
- It's ready and enjoy!!!