The perfect antidote to the brow-beating summer heat is a nice, refreshing glass of Sattu Drink. Not only is the drink cooling, it also boasts myriad detoxifying and healthy properties; it has salt, iron, and fibre, all of which improve bowel movements and reduce stomach-related problems.
WHAT IS A SATTU DRINK?
Sattu Drink is made of just a few ingredients, but feels like a million-dollar drink. Sattu is roasted garam flour powder consisting of roasted and grinded chickpeas. This drink brings me back to my childhood summers in Pakistan. It was a cornerstone of my Pakistani summer experience, just like Pakistani Limca, Mango Lassi (THE BEST), and Traditional Lassi (Yogurt Drink).
WHERE CAN I PURCHASE IT?
When we first migrated to America in the 90's, Sattu power was nowhere to be found, just a figment of our unquenchable desires. However, now, Sattu Powder is readily available at any South Asian store!
Benefits of Sattu Powder
- Excellent source of Calcium
- Excellent source Iron
- Helps with blood circulation
- Reduce Inflammation
- Great for Hair and skin
- Excellent for diabetics (Omit the Jaggery)
- Water (pani)
- Jaggery powder (gur)
- Garam flour powder (sattu powder)
- Ice cubes (barf)
HOW TO PREPARE IT?
Let's Make Sattu Drink!!!
- 1½ cup water
- 3 tbsp jaggery powder gur
- 4 tbsp garam flour powder sattu powder
- ice cubes
- In a glass, add jaggery powder then water mix it until the jaggery powder gets fully dissolved in water.
- Now add in the Sattu powder and mix well.
- Next add in ice cubes.
Leave a comment & rate this recipe