5-Minute Homemade Seekh Kabab Masala is in a league of its own; for one, it contains absolutely no preservatives. It's not overly strong nor is it too light like many of the boxed masalas. It's just perfect, and can be whipped up with the few ingredients you already have sitting in your spice cabinets.
What is Seekh Kabab Masala?
5-Minute Homemade Seekh Kabab Masala is a favorite, a recurring specialty in my kitchen since I’ve moved abroad from Pakistan. My relentless pursuits to find the flavorful Seekh kabab Masala I am familiar with led me to many store-bought masalas; but, I’ve always come out empty-handed. However, toiling in my kitchen, I discovered the perfect ratios with the right ingredients needed to make Seekh Kabab Masala. Just dry roast a few whole spices, grind them in a spice grinder, and then add powder spices. Voila!
What is Seekh Kabab?
Seekh Kababs is long ground beef sausage infused with spices, onion, and fresh herbs. Seekh Kabab is a barbecue delicacy that’s served and savoured all over Pakistan, oft hailed as everyone’s favorite appetizer. Seekh kababs are great when rolled up in paratha, naan, or chapati, and also is a convenient option for your kids’ lunch.
WHY HOMEMADE SEEKH KABAB MASALA HAS CUBEB PEPPER (KABAB CHENI)?
- Kabab Cheni- It gives the unique taste and smell of Seekh Kababs. That's one of the most crucial ingredients of Seekh Kabab and that is the ingredient that sets Seekh Kababs aside from other Kababs.
- Roasted Chickpeas (Channa)- Helps in binding and adds flavor to Seekh Kababs.
- Ajwein- Another important ingredient that contributes to the taste of the Seekh Kababs.
- Peepli- It contributes to the ‘hotness’ and helps give Seekh Kabab its distinct flavor.
- Rice flour- Another binding agent.
HOW TO MAKE SEEKH KABAB MASALA?
HOW TO STORE AND HOW LONG IT WILL LAST?
Store Seekh Kabab Masala in an air-tight container. This masala will last 2-3 months.
Let's Make Homemade Seekh Kabab Masala!!!
5-Minute Homemade Seekh Kabab Masala
- spice grinder
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 10 round dried red pepper
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ cinnamon stick
- 2 mace javitri
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp roasted chickpeas roasted channa
- 1 tsp poppy seeds khash khash
- 1 tsp allspice kabab cheeni
- 1 tsp carrom seeds ajwain
- 25 cloves
- 4 anise star
- 2 black cardamom seeds only discard the skin
- 2 long pepper peepli
- Deskin the black cardamom, discard the skin and keep the seeds.
- Dry roast all the whole spices including the black cardamom seeds.
- Grind it until they are powdered form.
- Take it out in a bowl, and now add in the salt, rice flour, and all the powdered spice.
- Mix well!
- Store it in an airtight jar.