This post is sponsored by Authentic Royal.
This deeply flavorful and aromatic Instant Pot Pakistani Mutton Pulao (Goat Pulao) recipe is made with tenderized goat meat. Ready in under two hours using the Instant Pot.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is Mutton Pulao?
- What kind of meat should be used?
- How to cook Mutton Pulao?
- What to serve it with?
- What to pair it with?
- Mutton Pulao Recipe
WHAT IS MUTTON PULAO?
Instant Pot Pakistani Mutton Pulao (Goat Pulao) is filled with the flavors of whole spices cooked within the meat; then have stock cooked within the rice. It's flavorful and aromatic. Its stock is cooked separately then mixed in with the rice. It's simply delicious. It's one of those classic Pakistani mutton recipes like Mutton Karahi, Mutton Charsi Karahi, and Mutton Paya Curry.
WHAT KIND OF MEAT SHOULD BE USED?
I used mutton (goat meat) to make this recipe but you can use any meat you want. I have made it with chicken and beef in the past, it tastes great. You can add any type of meat you want, you can even use lamb in this. However, the pressure timings varies on which type of meat you will be using.
- Muslin Cloths - 2 Muslin cloth are used in this recipe.
- Rice- The link for the rice can be found here.
- Onion- Make sure onion get brown.
- Meat - Goat, mutton
Need to boil with whole spices, yet not needing to mix it in the stock. Same thing for garlic and ginger.
The rice-to-water is not accurate. It's extremely important to measure the pulao accurately.
HOW TO COOK MUTTON PULAO?
WHAT TO SERVE IT WITH?
WHAT TO PAIR THIS WITH?
Let's Make Mutton Pulao!!!
Instant Pot Pakistani Mutton Pulao (Goat Pulao)
- Instant Pot
- 2 Muslin bags
Mutton Pulao (Pilaf)
In Muslin bag #1
- 2 tbsp fennel seeds
- 4 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 black cardamoms
In Muslin bag #2
- 5 inch ginger roughly chopped
- 30 cloves of garlic
- Thoroughly wash basmati rice and soak in water for 30 mins.
- Drain rice & discard the water from the rice, set side.
- Prepare the 2 muslin bags.
- Turn the Instant Pot to sauté mode, add water, and bring it to boil.
- Add both Muslin bags in the pot.
- Bring all of this to a boil, then add the meat and mix well.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and press the pressure option and put pressure for 14 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- In a separate pot, on the stove, on medium heat add oil and add cumin seeds, green cardamom, cloves, black peppercorns.
- Add onion and sauté the onion until it's brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Take out meat only from Instant Pot and transfer it to pot.
- Now add in the yogurt and mix well.
- Add the garam masala powder and mix well.
- Now add the green pepper and mix well.
- Add the only 4 cups of stock to the pot.
- Add rice with meat mixture and mix well.
- Add salt and mix well. Bring the mixture to boil on high heat.
- Let it all cook for 5-7 min on medium heat.
- Cover the lid on the pot with foil, cover the pot with the foil lid, put the tawa on the stove and put the pot on top of the tawa and cook it for 5 minutes on low -medium heat.
- Turn the stove to low and let it cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve it hot with Raita and Spicy Red Garlic Chutney!