Moist & Fluffy Ras Malai Tres Leches Cake is a beautiful union between Ras Malai (Pakistani sweet) and Tres Leches cake(Spanish cake). This blogpost will explore everything you need to know about this fusion dessert.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is a Ras Malai Tres Cake?
- How to make a sponge cake?
- How to make the milk mixture?
- Answering your questions
- How to make a Ras Malai Tres Leches Cake?
- How to store it and how long it lasts?
- Other Pakistani Desserts
- Ras Malai Tres Leches Cake Recipe
WHAT IS RAS MALAI TRES LECHES CAKE?
Moist & Fluffy Ras Malai Tres Leches Cake is a fusion Spanish-Pakistani cake. It is composed of chenna (an intermediate recipe of making paneer) and a delicious milk mixture, all with fresh pistachios and rose petals dazzled on top.
Tres Leches is a sponge cake soaked in three distinct kinds of milk. In an original twist, we are adding a sartorial Ras Malai milk and Ras Malai dumplings as well. The dish is light, fluffy, and moist. It's a fusion of Ras Malai together with Tres Leches, and voila! We get Ras Malai Tres Cake. Please check out Creamy Gulab Jamun Cheesecake.
- Ras malai- The star of this dessert; without Ras Malai there's no Ras Malai Tres Leches Cake.
- Milks- Mixing 3 types of Milk: evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, heavy whipping cream, and for the fusion flavor add milk from the Ras Malai.
- Eggs- Always keep the yolk and the white separate, make sure the eggs are cold and NOT room temperature.
- Dry Ingredients- Just roughly mix the dry ingredients together
HOW TO MAKE THE SPONGE CAKE?
- Whip the yolks - Use an electric hand mixer to get better results. Whip them until they are pale yellow in color and mix with sugar.
- Whip the whites- Keep the whites separately, whip them until they are stiff. Whip the whites using an electric hand mixer.
- Flour Mixture - Just add a few ingredients to the flour mixture and mix it together with a spoon. Lastly, be sure to sift the flour.
HOW TO MAKE THE MILK MIXTURE?
Mix evaporated milk, sweetened condense milk, heavy whipping cream, and the Ras Malai milk together.
ANSWERING YOUR QUESTIONS
It supposed to be very moist not soggy.
You can make the cake base ahead of time. Allow the cake to cool to room temperature then cover the casserole dish tightly with a couple of layers of plastic wrap and freeze the tres leches cake base up to 2 months. Thaw the cake in the refrigerator overnight or on the counter before using it. It is not recommended to freeze the cake once the syrup and frosting are added.
I love Rehmat-e-Shereen & Nanak, however, any brand of RasMalai would work.
Always buy the frozen one.
- Always use butter, not oil, to butter the baking pan or casserole dish.
- Set up 3 Mixing bowls.
- Always use a clean and dry hand mixer to beat the egg yolks and whites.
- After pouring yolk mixture over the flour mixture use a spatula. Gently and continuously fold.
- Use the fork to pierce all the cake.
- Leave the cake on the counter for 60 minutes after taking it out of the oven.
- After pouring the milk mixture when the cake cools down, let it sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- Always apply frosting and Ras Malai dumplings when ready to serve.
HOW TO MAKE RAS MALAI TRES LECHES CAKE?
HOW TO STORE IT AND HOW LONG IT LASTS?
You can fully assemble and make a tres leches cake 1 to 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate overnight, add Ras Malai and frosting just before serving.
OTHER PAKISTANI DESSERTS
Let's Make Ras Malai Tres Leches Cake!!!
Moist & Fluffy Ras Malai Tres Leches Cake
- electric hand mixer
- 1 tbsp butter to butter the pan
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp green cardamom powder
- 5 egg whites
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar divided
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk from the ras malai
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- ¼ tsp kewra
- 9 oz sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
- ¾ cup ras malai milk
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 tbsp powdered sugar
- 16 ras malai the dumplings
- edible rose petals
- Thaw the Ras Malai.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Set up three mixing bowls.
- Separate egg whites and yolks into the other two mixing bowls.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together all purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat egg yolks with ¾ cup sugar with an electric mixer on high speed, until yolks are a pale yellow color.
- Stir in ⅓ cup milk, kewra, milk from the ras malai and vanilla extract in egg yolk and sugar mixture, set aside.
- Beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form. With the mixer on, pour in remaining ¼ cup sugar and beat on high speed until egg whites are stiff but not dry.
- Pour egg yolk mixture over the flour mixture and combine gently with a spatula.
- Gently fold in egg white mixture with the spatula until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread to even out the surface and bake at 350˚F for 30-35 minutes or test with toothpick comes out clean.
- Take it out of the oven on the kitchen counter.
- Leave it on the counter to cool down, it will take 60 minutes to cool the cake down.
- Combine ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream, evaporated milk, milk from the ras malai milk, and condensed milk.
- When the cake is cool , pierce the surface all over with a fork.
- Slowly drizzle the milk mixture over the cake.
- Pour ½ cup cold heavy whipping cream and 5 Tbsp powdered sugar into a large mixing bowl and beat on high speed 1 ½ to 2 minutes or until thick, whipped and spreadable.
Topping on the Cake
- Spread over the cake with a spatula like shown in the video.
- Take Ras Malai dumplings and place it on top of the frosting.
- Garnish with rose petals and pistachios.
Leave a comment & rate this recipe