Creamy Gulab Jamun Cheesecake is a unique twist to Pakistani desserts. Imagine a Biscoff and Graham cracker crust topped with the mouthwatering fusion batter and Gulab Jamuns.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is Gulab Jamun Cheesecake?
- Why you will love this recipe?
- 5 Steps to making Gulab Jamun Cheesecake
- How to make it?
- What to pair and serve it with?
- Other Pakistani Desserts
- Gulab Jamun Cheesecake Recipe
WHAT IS GULAB JAMUN CHEESECAKE?
Creamy Gulab Jamun Cheesecake is a starry member of the new fusion Pakistani desserts. In this culinary estuary, the east blends with the west. It may not be traditional, but it's an exemplary centerpiece for your next party. Gulab Jamun Cheesecake has a Biscoff-Graham cracker crust on top with fusion batter with half dipped Gulab Jamuns.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE?
- It's easy!
- It's packed with fusion flavors.
- It can be prepared ahead of time.
- It's a great centerpiece or a great dessert idea.
- Biscoff Biscuits and Graham Crackers - Grind these two together to make a delicious crust.
- Butter- Always add butter after grinding the crackers and biscuits.
- Cream Cheese- Yes! you'll need 4 blocks for this recipe. Always use full fat cream cheese.
- Green cardamom powder- For just a subtle Pakistani taste in the cheesecake.
- Rose essence- Can't go wrong with this ingredient in any Pakistani desserts even though this dessert is fusion. Kewra can be easily substituted.
- Sour cream- It aids with softening the cheesecake plus it gives the cheesecake a subtle tangy kick.
- Gulab Jamuns- The main Ingredient in this recipe,
- Always use room temperature full fat cream cheese.
- Leave the oven door open with the cheesecake inside of it for 50 minutes after turning off the oven, or it's going to have bubbles on top.
- Use a water bath.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake overnight.
- Use frozen Gulab Jamun
- Don't use the mini Gulab Jamun, if using half dipped method, if using mini Gulab Jamuns it will sink in the cheesecake batter.
5 STEPS TO MAKE GULAB JAMUN CHEESECAKE
- Make the crust.
- Make the batter for the cheesecake.
- Place the batter on the crust, and topped with Gulab Jamuns.
- Bake it in a water bath, and wait for it to cool down.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake overnight and enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE GULAB JAMUN CHEESECAKE?
WHAT TO PAIR AND SERVE WITH IT?
OTHER PAKISTANI DESSERTS
- Fluffy Homemade Stovetop Zarda
- Pakistani Meethi Seviyan (Sweet Vermicelli)
- Authentic Thick Pakistani Kheer
Let's Make Gulab Jamun Cheesecake!!!
Creamy Gulab Jamun Cheesecake
- Springform pan
- 12 graham cracker
- 32 biscoff biscuits
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- ⅙ tsp salt
- 32 oz cream cheese 4 blocks/ needs to be room temperature
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp rose essence kewra can be substituted
- 1 tsp green cardamom powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- large Gulab Jamun the number of gulab jamuns depends how big is the springform pan is
- edible rose patels
- powdered pistachios
- sheera from gulab jamun optional
- baking spray
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Wrap foil around the springform pan, (please see the video how to do properly.)
- Lay a parchment paper on the bottom of the pan, and apply some baking spray
- Add Biscoff biscuits in a food processor. Grind the biscoff until they are little crumbs.
- Now add graham crackers and grind them until it's crumbly.
- Take out the biscuits and crackers' crumbs out in a bowl.
- Add salt, melted butter, mix well.
- Lay ¼ inch layer of the crumb mixture and smooth it out with a glass.
- In a bowl, add the room temperature cream cheese.
- Add sugar to it and beat it for 45 seconds.
- Next add sour cream and beat that for 20 seconds.
- Add rose essence, pure vanilla extract, salt, green cardamom powder and beat for 15 seconds.
- Now the beater is not needed.
- Add one egg and fold in the batter until it gets fully incorporated with the mixture.
- Next add the second eggs do the same thing again
- Lastly, add the third egg and fold it until it gets fully incorporated with the mixture.
- Pour the batter on top of the crust and smooth it out.
- After pouring the batter on top of the crust, start dropping Gulab Jamuns in the batter.
- Take a rectangle baking pan with 1 in-1½ inch long sides.
- Fill it ¾ of the pan with water.
- Place the springform pan that has the cheesecake in this water bath.
Bake and Set
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes in a water bath.
- Turn off the oven.
- Don't touch the cheesecake at all, open the oven door and let it open for 50 minutes or there would be bubbles on top of the cheesecake.
- Now take it out of the oven, shut the oven door and place it on the counter for 10 minute.
- After ten minutes, place it in the fridge overnight to set.
- Next morning, Take it out of the fridge.
- Pour some sheera from the Gulab Jamun (optional)
- Garnish with rose patels and pistachio powder.