An indisputable thirst-quencher, Pakistani Shikanji Lemonade (Nimbu Pani) is a Pakistani slushy Lemonade. It's cooling, refreshing, easy, and only takes a few ingredients. Especially when the heat becomes overbearing, this is a quick fixer.
Other Pakistani drinks: Lassi Recipe, Sattu Drink, Falsay Ka Sharbat, Mango Milkshake (Aam Doodh) and Mango Lassi.
WHAT IS SHIKANJI?
Pakistani Shikanji Lemonade (Nimbu Pani) is a Pakistani slushy lemonade drink sold in the sweltering Pakistan streets. It's popular Pakistani drink. This Pakistani Shikanji recipe will transport you back to Pakistani gullies. This Pakistani recipe contains just few ingredients. It's a great alternative to any carbonated drink. It's cooling, refreshing, and flavorful and comes together in no time. It makes a fantastic beverage for Iftar during Ramadan.
IS SHIKANJI SAME AS NIMBU PANI?
Yes, Shikanji is the same as Nimbu Pani. Nimbu pani is a generic way to say Shikanji, and Shikanji is the more official name. Both the mixing methods and ingredients are the exact same.
DOES SHIKANJI HAVE ANY HEALTH BENEFIT?
Omit the sugar in the recipe if making a healthier version of shikanji. Replace with Stevia or preferred sugar substitute. Shikanji is rich in vitamin C.
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED
- Sugar- The recipe calls for sugar but you can subtitute by Stevia or preferred sugar substitute. Stevia is a plant based sugar completely natural and a healthy option.
- Ice- Need to have lot of ice in a slushy type of lemonade.
- Fresh Lemon juice- Highly encourage to use real lemon juice not the one that comes store-bought in a bottle because it can alter the taste.
- Black Salt and salt- The two kinds of salt are really necessary for the taste.
HOW TO MAKE SHIKANJI?
HOW TO STORE AND HOW LONG SHIKANJI WOULD LAST?
Store Shikanji in a refrigerator. This recipe can be made ahead of time, it will last for 4-5 days in the refrigerator. This recipe can't be frozen.
Let's Make Pakistani Shikanji!!!
Pakistani Shikanji Lemonade (Nimbu Pani)
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black salt
- 1 cup ice cubes
- In a blender, add water, lemon juice, sugar, black salt, and salt.
- Blend it well for 1 minute.
- Now add ice cubes.
- Blend it again.
- Serve it immediately.
Leave a comment & rate this recipe